Tobacon is a small,beautifully landscaped property that has the genius of the hot springs. This is a very romantic property. There are torches and up lighting that compliments the hidden pathways and pools throughout.
The rooms are spacious and have large windows that overlook gardens. Our room had a view of the Arenal Volcano. There is a well stocked mini- bar and the room has complimentary coffee and a wide selection of teas. The bathroom has very good lighting but one sink. We had a mini jacuzzi as a part of our shower. The bedding was adequate but nothing to ooooh or ah over.
There are three options for food. A lobby snack bar which does provide sandwiches, snacks and beverages. The eating area is open air off into an alcove that overlooks a landscaped garden. There is a large restaurant at the hot springs that serves lunch and dinner. We did not eat there during our visit. Most of our meals were at the formal restaurant Toucanes which is nestled in amoung the gardens near the pool and buildings. The buffet breakfast is wonderful! It was included in the price of our room. There was an egg station as well as a waffle/pancake station along with everything else for breakfast. The dinners there are all lovely however the meats tended to be just a bit over cooked. The service was wonderful. We enjoyed the atmosphere and convenience tremendously. We did not have a car and the resort is rather secluded and far from town so going off the property for the cost of the taxi was not appealing.
The staff were friendly and efficient. We had a problem with which the front desk was very helpful in solving. We especially liked working with the Jacamar tour desk operator ,Reyner. He was patient, informative and had a good sense of humor. We enjoyed all of the day excursions that he arranged for us.
Most memorable were the hot springs. It is a quick trip by one of the resort's vans or a walk just down the road. There hot springs are open to the public and the week we were there it was packed because of the Easter holiday. As a guest of the Tabacon you have a separate entrance and were able to go off to a secluded area with several private pools, lounge chairs, beds and tables with a clear view of the volcano. There is also a bar to add to the enjoyment.
My husband and I found Tobacon to be a most unique resort and are glad we had the experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the heart of the tropical rainforest at the base of the majestic Arenal Volcano in the northern Region of Costa Rica. This five-star carbon neutral resort offers a unique blend of nature, adventure and relaxation. A member of The Leading Hotels of the World, Tabacon provides luxurious accommodations, services and amenities in a picture-perfect natural setting. The resort's unique healing thermal mineral spring river emerge from the volcanic earth, cascading to form waterfalls, streams, tranquil pools and ponds. Explore Shangri-La Gardens an hotel guests and adults-only hideaway, delight your senses with world- class cuisine inspired by local fares or surprise that special person with a gala dinner in the middle of the rainforest. Inside the gardens is the resort's Grand Spa, member of The Leading Spas of the World which combines a beautiful location with a singular spa experience, where treatments are rendered in open air bungalows all of them with private jacuzzi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, BookIt.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Tabacon Thermal Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tabacon Grand Spa Thermal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Tabacon Grand Hotel Thermal
- Tabacon Grand Resort Thermal
- Tabacon Resort
- Tabacon Hot Springs
- Tabacon Thermal Resort & Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park