After a 7 hour flight to Costa Rica and a 3.5 hour drive from the airport, we were just about ready to collapse. As we checked in to the hotel we were greeted by multiple friendly faces, we were also offered a welcome drink consisting of fresh juices.
While making reservations made sure to include the reason for our trip which happened to be my boyfriends birthday. I made note of this and received an email almost instantly asking the date. our room was by far the most amazing room I have ever stayed in. We were in a honeymoon suite and had breath taking views. Each morning we were able to enjoy an all inclusive breakfast, I was expecting breakfasts to be simple egg/toast/fresh fruit....boy was I was wrong. We had the option of 6 fresh fruit juices (also able to request a smoothie), a variety of breads and breakfast croissants, a table filled with cold cut meats and cheeses, another table piled high with fresh cut fruits, an omelet bar where the chef is able to prepare an omelet with ANYTHING that you'd like, delicious waffles, pancakes, chiliquiles, a traditional potato dish, bacon, sausage, and the list goes on. We stayed here three nights and each morning I woke up at 7 am looking forward to breakfast.
The staff was very professional and helpful in multiple ways. Each time we left the room to enjoy the hot spring we were welcomed back to a clean room even once including birthday goodies provided by the hotel.
We rented a car and the valet had it waiting for us each time we needed it to take the quick drive into town.
We will definitely be staying at this hotel in the future
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the heart of the tropical rainforest at the base of the majestic Arenal Volcano in the northern Region of Costa Rica. This five-star carbon neutral resort offers a unique blend of nature, adventure and relaxation. A member of The Leading Hotels of the World, Tabacon provides luxurious accommodations, services and amenities in a picture-perfect natural setting. The resort's unique healing thermal mineral spring river emerge from the volcanic earth, cascading to form waterfalls, streams, tranquil pools and ponds. Explore Shangri-La Gardens an hotel guests and adults-only hideaway, delight your senses with world- class cuisine inspired by local fares or surprise that special person with a gala dinner in the middle of the rainforest. Inside the gardens is the resort's Grand Spa, member of The Leading Spas of the World which combines a beautiful location with a singular spa experience, where treatments are rendered in open air bungalows all of them with private jacuzzi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Tabacon Thermal Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tabacon Grand Spa Thermal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Tabacon Grand Hotel Thermal
- Tabacon Grand Resort Thermal
- Tabacon Resort
- Tabacon Hot Springs
- Tabacon Thermal Resort & Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park