I've been to the Tabacon hot springs on previous trips without staying at the hotel and had a wonderful time. They are indeed beautiful and truly an experience. On this particular trip I chose to stay at the resort in order to be closer.
My wife and I had a lovely day at the hot springs and after a long day we were both looking forward to a good night sleep. Unfortunately the particular room we received has one of the connecting doors that adjoins the next room over. Basically we spent most of the nights early hours listening to the couple next door go about their dinner and their lives.
Although they were not being particularly loud where it would merit asking them to quiet down or complain to management, the nature of the connecting door (it may as well be paper) made it seem as if we were in the same room as them. Needless to say, not the ideal setting for winding down and going to bed after a long day, especially when paying the kind of rates this hotel charges.
My advice to anyone visiting the region, do buy a day pass and visit the hot springs, but avoid staying at this hotel, there are many better options you can find on here. We ended up leaving a day early even though we prepaid for two nights.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the heart of the tropical rainforest at the base of the majestic Arenal Volcano in the northern Region of Costa Rica. This five-star carbon neutral resort offers a unique blend of nature, adventure and relaxation. A member of The Leading Hotels of the World, Tabacon provides luxurious accommodations, services and amenities in a picture-perfect natural setting. The resort's unique healing thermal mineral spring river emerge from the volcanic earth, cascading to form waterfalls, streams, tranquil pools and ponds. Explore Shangri-La Gardens an hotel guests and adults-only hideaway, delight your senses with world- class cuisine inspired by local fares or surprise that special person with a gala dinner in the middle of the rainforest. Inside the gardens is the resort's Grand Spa, member of The Leading Spas of the World which combines a beautiful location with a singular spa experience, where treatments are rendered in open air bungalows all of them with private jacuzzi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelClick, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Orbitz, Hotwire, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Tabacon Thermal Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tabacon Grand Spa Thermal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Tabacon Grand Hotel Thermal
- Tabacon Grand Resort Thermal
- Tabacon Resort
- Tabacon Hot Springs
- Tabacon Thermal Resort & Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park