Well, they upgraded us to the honeymoon suite (3x the cost per night of the room we had originally booked) for free when we arrived, so that started our stay off quite nicely. All in all, this is an excellent place to stay, and staying there grants you free and unlimited access to the resort (where the hot springs are), which is otherwise extremely expensive. The room was huge, the staff (especially the concierge desk) extremely friendly and helpful, and the location is great as a hub for doing all the cool touristy activities: hanging bridges, ziplining, hiking near the volcano, river float tours, waterfall rappelling, etc. Doing these activities and then heading to the hot springs is a great way to spend several days and nights.
The food was also delicious at every meal--and we would recommend paying for the breakfast buffet, which has just about everything one could imagine. And, of course, the spa was top notch.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the heart of the tropical rainforest at the base of the majestic Arenal Volcano in the northern Region of Costa Rica. This five-star carbon neutral resort offers a unique blend of nature, adventure and relaxation. A member of The Leading Hotels of the World, Tabacon provides luxurious accommodations, services and amenities in a picture-perfect natural setting. The resort's unique healing thermal mineral spring river emerge from the volcanic earth, cascading to form waterfalls, streams, tranquil pools and ponds. Explore Shangri-La Gardens an hotel guests and adults-only hideaway, delight your senses with world- class cuisine inspired by local fares or surprise that special person with a gala dinner in the middle of the rainforest. Inside the gardens is the resort's Grand Spa, member of The Leading Spas of the World which combines a beautiful location with a singular spa experience, where treatments are rendered in open air bungalows all of them with private jacuzzi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, BookIt.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Jetsetter, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Tabacon Thermal Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tabacon Grand Spa Thermal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Tabacon Grand Hotel Thermal
- Tabacon Grand Resort Thermal
- Tabacon Resort
- Tabacon Hot Springs
- Tabacon Thermal Resort & Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park