First of all the people of Costa Rica are among the nicest and warmest we have experienced during our travels. They are always accommodating and always try and help out and no matter what the situation always seem to be calm - says a lot about the country!
The Tabacon Grand Spa is am amazing property set at the foothills of the Arenal Volcano. The property is small but seems even smaller as all the units are separated by lush vegetation. We had a King room - that looked into the forest. Lovely room - all the amenities you would find in a 5 Star property, good coffee. Water in the room was $6 but then who drinks that anyway!
They good part of staying at Tabacon is that entrance to the star attraction the Thermal Hot Springs is free. Otherwise you pay $50 per day per person. We stayed 4 days so saved a lot of money. You can call for the shuttle from your room and we never had to wait more than a few minutes. The hot springs are amazing - huge area with maybe 15 or more pools of hot gushing water - this is supposed to be the most natural of all the hot springs in Costa Rica.
The staff were great - extremely professional and very helpful. Breakfast is a buffet which is $30 per person but if you ask they will price this separately and so you can get what you want and it works out much better. Antonio at the restaurant was really great! We walked around the hotel grounds and they are really beautiful and well maintained.
All in all a great experience, we would definitely go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the heart of the tropical rainforest at the base of the majestic Arenal Volcano in the northern Region of Costa Rica. This five-star carbon neutral resort offers a unique blend of nature, adventure and relaxation. A member of The Leading Hotels of the World, Tabacon provides luxurious accommodations, services and amenities in a picture-perfect natural setting. The resort's unique healing thermal mineral spring river emerge from the volcanic earth, cascading to form waterfalls, streams, tranquil pools and ponds. Explore Shangri-La Gardens an hotel guests and adults-only hideaway, delight your senses with world- class cuisine inspired by local fares or surprise that special person with a gala dinner in the middle of the rainforest. Inside the gardens is the resort's Grand Spa, member of The Leading Spas of the World which combines a beautiful location with a singular spa experience, where treatments are rendered in open air bungalows all of them with private jacuzzi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, TravelClick, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Despegar.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your Tabacon Grand Spa Thermal Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tabacon Grand Spa Thermal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Tabacon Grand Hotel Thermal
- Tabacon Grand Resort Thermal
- Tabacon Resort
- Tabacon Hot Springs
- Tabacon Grand Spa Thermal Resort Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park