Tabacon Thermal Resort & Spa
Arenal Kioro Suites & Spa(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$224
Hotels.com
Los Lagos Hotel Spa & Resort(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$142
$256
Hotel Lomas del Volcan(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$114
  • Breakfast included
Arenal Springs Resort and Spa(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$581
$180
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of $219/night.

Arenal Lodge(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$114
$96
  • Breakfast included
Baldi Hot Springs Hotel Resort & Spa(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$204
Arenal Manoa Hotel(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$241
$149
Volcano Lodge & Springs(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$200
$157
Hotwire.com
  • Breakfast included
Nayara Resort Spa & Gardens(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$490
3,840 results
All reviewslos tucaneshot springsshangri la gardensorchid roomunlimited accesshotel guestshoneymoon suitecosta ricarainforest suiteopen to the publicday passprivate areaswim up barbuffet dinnercouples massagearenal volcanoheaven on earth
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I recently stayed two nights at Tabacon. I was with a group of travel professionals touring Costa Rica. I loved the property, the service was good but not over the top great. I stayed in a superior room, which is their lead in room category. Nothing special, the beds were very comfortable and I liked how there was wireless internet in the rooms.

The hot springs are amazing. That is the best part of this hotel, as most of you already know. The gardens are well maintained, and the pools are delightful. I also enjoyed the Shangra La Gardens, the adults only section.

What I didn't really care for was how expensive the food and drinks were. A can of Imperial was $6.00 plus tax and a mandatory 10% service charge. Imperial is the local lager, nothing special just a regular old beer. Also the dinner at the a la carte restaurant was over the top expensive. Not saying that this would change my mind staying here, but I wouldn't eat at the restaurants. I would go to town.

Overall the experience was great, I would come back and stay again.

Room Tip: Rainforest Suites are amazing!!!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank trvlkid
TabaconGuestService, Manager at Tabacon Thermal Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

Dear trvlkid,

We really appreciate all your feedback in regards to your visit, we are happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. Nature is an important part of Tabacon experience and the thermal mineral springs surrounded by the rainforest provides a unique ambient. As you mentioned all our hotel guest receive complimentary Internet access. We informed our managers team about your comments in regards to our service, we take very seriously all your comments and this help us to improve. We are glad you spent a relaxing time at Tabacon and we look forward to receive you as our guest in the near future.

Kindest Regards

Reviewed May 7, 2013

It is one of the most beautiful places. The hot water streams, waterfalls. are some thing every one should try. It is like being lost in the rain forest.
The hotel staff is so nice and goes out of their way to help you. I had a health scare there and the manager was right there to see what needed done and went out of his way to check on me through out our stay. Room are clean and roomy. Food was good. Keep pool very clean. Hope to go back ..

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Kris F

Dear Kris F,

Thank you for sharing your comments with us. At Tabacón we strive to always provide unforgettable experiences, that's why is a pleasure to know that you enjoyed a memorable time with us, we are blessed with a marvelous natural setting and our facilities are in harmony with the rainforest offering the opportunity to our visitors to have direct contact with nature and explore the richness of Costa Rica's flora and fauna. We are sincerely grateful and thankful for your visit and we hope to receive you at the resort soon.

Best regards

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at the Tabacon hotel. At first we were given a room located in the 200's cabins, that were surprisingly big and had a direct volcano view. The space was more than I expected and had a good size bathroom, but it was a little bit dark and the bathroom had a bit of an odor problem. Unexpectedly, the staff switched us to a different suite- a tabacon suite- located in the actual hotel lobby area. This suite was massive and had an amazing bathroom with views of the forest.

I didn't have a chance to check out the pool in the actual hotel property, because when we checked in they said it was temporarily closed, but the tabacon springs where the actual hot springs are (it's separate from the hotel property) had a pool too, so it was fine. The gym in the hotel is clean and efficient. The food was good overall and the room service was efficient.

The tabacon springs area is beautiful with a zen like feel and everyday you discover another area to relax in and soak in. I really liked the adult only section. If you have a chance to go, even for a day or night pass, definitely check it out. The area is well maintained, clean, and the facilities blend in nicely with the surrounding nature. The spa is also in the hot springs property. The experience here was really great. There's also a restaurant in the hot springs propety, so you have the option to the stay all day and have a meal or drink there too.

Overall, I really enjoyed it and would go back.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends

Dear poysoniv,

On behalf of Tabacon team we would like to thank you for taking the time and share with us your valued review. Furthermore, our service is aimed to always be the best, guaranteeing the highest quality service to all guest, who are our reason to be. We are glad you enjoyed the Tabacon Suite with impressive forest views, with a beautifully designed bathroom and in-room jacuzzi. Our restaurants offer world class cuisine. Our natural setting and the hot springs as well as Shangri-La Gardens our adult-only hideaway offers a relaxing experience giving our guest the opportunity to forget for a while about the world around. We are sincerely grateful for your visit and hope you will come back soon.

Warm regards

Reviewed May 6, 2013

We visited the Tabacon Spa as part of an Arenal Volcano Hike. This was the perfect end to the tour. We had about 2.5 hours at the Spa to swim in the hot springs and eat a buffet dinner.

It was a beautiful place with many well manicured paths through a jungle setting leading to different pools. Some pools had a natural sandy bottom and others were tiled. The deeper you went, the more private the pools. The most public and largest pool had a swim up bar and a water slide. The water is just about hot tub temperature so I was not able to stay in for more than 15-20 minutes at any given time. They also have a cold pool. The buffet dinner was Mediterranean that night and we were very happy with the options and the desserts. Very good service overall and a very good evening.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ARG118

Dear ARG118

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us, we really appreciate it. We are glad to know you had a great time at Tabacon, we loved to hear you took some time to explore the beautiful sorroundings at Arenal Region. As you mentioned our hot springs are the perfect end for a day full of adventure, exploring and relaxing in our completely natural hot springs, getting a natural massage in our cascade and being in the middle of the rainforest is a magical experience. We are also glad to know that you enjoyed our Mediterranean Buffet dinner at Ave del Paraiso Restaurant. We look forward to receive you as our guest in the near future.

Kindest regards

Reviewed May 5, 2013

My daughter and I had been staying at Los Lagos but, although the grounds are beautiful, we did not like the food at all nor the fact that we had to call for a ride to go anywhere on the hotel grounds. I found the beds extremely hard, also, waking at night with hip pain. Since we planned to visit the hot pools at Tabacon, I thought I'd just see if I could get a bargain on a room with 2 doubles. We did! $195 for the room, which, deducting the $120 spa fee, comes out to $75/night. We have a perfect view of the volcano (Room 311). The lunch was delicious, mojito refreshing, staff very accommodating, spa beautiful . . . can't wait to see it tonight! I usually don't make a schedule when I travel should I want to spend more time in one place than another, and often get much better rates just walking in "off the street" than any on-line booking site or direct call to hotel. Probably not recommended for Type A personalities, though!

Room Tip: 311 has good view of gardens with volcano in background.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank FLAlleycat

Dear FLAlleycat

Thank you so much for your appraisal, it is very rewarding to be informed about the pleasant experience you enjoyed during your stay with us. We love the fact that you enjoyed your room, your lunch with the refreshing mojito as well as our thermal resort which in fact has been recognized as one of the best worldwide, thanks to its exuberant gardens and the natural hot springs river in the middle of the rainforest. As you mention, the entrance to the hot springs is included in the room rate so you can experience the hot springs during the day and also at night where the ambience is really amazing considering the steam and the different temperatures pools and cascades . It will be an honor to receive you as our guest in the near future, we really appreciate your preference.

Kindest regards