I recently stayed two nights at Tabacon. I was with a group of travel professionals touring Costa Rica. I loved the property, the service was good but not over the top great. I stayed in a superior room, which is their lead in room category. Nothing special, the beds were very comfortable and I liked how there was wireless internet in the rooms.
The hot springs are amazing. That is the best part of this hotel, as most of you already know. The gardens are well maintained, and the pools are delightful. I also enjoyed the Shangra La Gardens, the adults only section.
What I didn't really care for was how expensive the food and drinks were. A can of Imperial was $6.00 plus tax and a mandatory 10% service charge. Imperial is the local lager, nothing special just a regular old beer. Also the dinner at the a la carte restaurant was over the top expensive. Not saying that this would change my mind staying here, but I wouldn't eat at the restaurants. I would go to town.
Overall the experience was great, I would come back and stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the heart of the tropical rainforest at the base of the majestic Arenal Volcano in the northern Region of Costa Rica. This five-star carbon neutral resort offers a unique blend of nature, adventure and relaxation. A member of The Leading Hotels of the World, Tabacon provides luxurious accommodations, services and amenities in a picture-perfect natural setting. The resort's unique healing thermal mineral spring river emerge from the volcanic earth, cascading to form waterfalls, streams, tranquil pools and ponds. Explore Shangri-La Gardens an hotel guests and adults-only hideaway, delight your senses with world- class cuisine inspired by local fares or surprise that special person with a gala dinner in the middle of the rainforest. Inside the gardens is the resort's Grand Spa, member of The Leading Spas of the World which combines a beautiful location with a singular spa experience, where treatments are rendered in open air bungalows all of them with private jacuzzi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Tabacon Thermal Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tabacon Grand Spa Thermal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Tabacon Grand Hotel Thermal
- Tabacon Grand Resort Thermal
- Tabacon Resort
- Tabacon Hot Springs
- Tabacon Thermal Resort & Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park