My husband and I just got back from a two night stay in Tabacon as part of a week long trip to Costa Rica. We were able to arrange private transportation from the airport through the hotel for $160 - and then transfer to Manuel Antonio as well.
Pros: The hot springs! Worth the stay alone for access to the hot springs - whimsical gardens and pools. One night it poured while we were in them really bringing to life that rainforest feel. Check out the back for the over 18 pools (hot and less crowded). Our room was nice and spacious.
Cons: Leaving the hotel without a car is difficult - $15 each way to town and back. We went to the Arenal observatory and it cost $30 each way! Breakfast buffet is good but not included. Lots of bugs in the hallway to the room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the heart of the tropical rainforest at the base of the majestic Arenal Volcano in the northern Region of Costa Rica. This five-star carbon neutral resort offers a unique blend of nature, adventure and relaxation. A member of The Leading Hotels of the World, Tabacon provides luxurious accommodations, services and amenities in a picture-perfect natural setting. The resort's unique healing thermal mineral spring river emerge from the volcanic earth, cascading to form waterfalls, streams, tranquil pools and ponds. Explore Shangri-La Gardens an hotel guests and adults-only hideaway, delight your senses with world- class cuisine inspired by local fares or surprise that special person with a gala dinner in the middle of the rainforest. Inside the gardens is the resort's Grand Spa, member of The Leading Spas of the World which combines a beautiful location with a singular spa experience, where treatments are rendered in open air bungalows all of them with private jacuzzi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelClick, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Tabacon Thermal Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tabacon Grand Spa Thermal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Tabacon Grand Hotel Thermal
- Tabacon Grand Resort Thermal
- Tabacon Resort
- Tabacon Hot Springs
- Tabacon Thermal Resort & Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park