Stayed at Tabacon for 3 nights the week before Christmas. The hotel was very nice as expected though it turns out that most rooms do not have a volcano view except the upper floor in the 300 building.
It is a short walk down hill to the hot springs which we tremendously enjoyed during our stay. If you don't want to walk, the hotel shuttle comes about every 5 minutes so no big deal. The springs are about the closest thing I could imagine to the Garden of Eden. Sitting under a 100 degree natural waterfall felt great and the grounds are simply beautiful with many quiet areas to relax.
The food at the hot springs restaurant was excellent for lunch as well as the dinner buffet and price was reasonable for a hotel restaurant.
My son and I were thinking about doing a local mountain bike tour for $90/pp but then found out that the hotel as it's own decent bikes that you can use for free. We took a nice though hilly ride down to the lake and around an off-road loop that was scenic and a great workout but you need to be in decent shape.
Overall, we were very satisfied as the hotel was fine, service excellent and the hot springs which we visited twice every day were amazing. Would definitely stay there again if coming back to Arenal area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the heart of the tropical rainforest at the base of the majestic Arenal Volcano in the northern Region of Costa Rica. This five-star carbon neutral resort offers a unique blend of nature, adventure and relaxation. A member of The Leading Hotels of the World, Tabacon provides luxurious accommodations, services and amenities in a picture-perfect natural setting. The resort's unique healing thermal mineral spring river emerge from the volcanic earth, cascading to form waterfalls, streams, tranquil pools and ponds. Explore Shangri-La Gardens an hotel guests and adults-only hideaway, delight your senses with world- class cuisine inspired by local fares or surprise that special person with a gala dinner in the middle of the rainforest. Inside the gardens is the resort's Grand Spa, member of The Leading Spas of the World which combines a beautiful location with a singular spa experience, where treatments are rendered in open air bungalows all of them with private jacuzzi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, BookIt.com, Travelocity, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Tabacon Thermal Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tabacon Grand Spa Thermal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Tabacon Grand Hotel Thermal
- Tabacon Grand Resort Thermal
- Tabacon Resort
- Tabacon Hot Springs
- Tabacon Thermal Resort & Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park