The one drawback we had (which wasn't much to complain about) was that the hot springs weren't right outside our door.
Tabacon was our stop on the first leg of our Costa Rica Adventure. We got a deal on the room through Expedia. The resort was nice, the staff was pleasant and well, uh oh... the AC didn't work in our room & the Fan was broken. We called to complain and maintenance came right out to check it out and could not figure out the problem. We then asked for a new room, unfortunately there were no more rooms like ours available so they did the only decent thing they could do - UPGRADE. We were brought to a super duper deluxe suite and were floored. It was a beautiful room with a patio, rain shower, his & hers sinks, jacuzzi & bubble bath. Also, this was by far the most comfortable bed we slept in - in Costa Rica.
Next to the hot springs. There was something like 17 springs and you can get lost trekking through the maze trying to find them all. They are beautiful, hot and so relaxing to sit in and let a waterfall batter your shoulders like a great massage. It wasn't too crowded (could be because it was a slow time of year). The springs are down the road a bit. you can walk there - no big deal, not a long walk, you can drive if you have a car or they have a shuttle that can bring you down there. If you are staying with the hotel, you have unlimited access to all of the springs, spring fed pool and swim up bar - don't forget to try the waterslide. :-)
overall, if you want a nice relaxing, adult experience and want to splurge a bit, you must check this place out.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the heart of the tropical rainforest at the base of the majestic Arenal Volcano in the northern Region of Costa Rica. This five-star carbon neutral resort offers a unique blend of nature, adventure and relaxation. A member of The Leading Hotels of the World, Tabacon provides luxurious accommodations, services and amenities in a picture-perfect natural setting. The resort's unique healing thermal mineral spring river emerge from the volcanic earth, cascading to form waterfalls, streams, tranquil pools and ponds. Explore Shangri-La Gardens an hotel guests and adults-only hideaway, delight your senses with world- class cuisine inspired by local fares or surprise that special person with a gala dinner in the middle of the rainforest. Inside the gardens is the resort's Grand Spa, member of The Leading Spas of the World which combines a beautiful location with a singular spa experience, where treatments are rendered in open air bungalows all of them with private jacuzzi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, TravelClick, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, BookIt.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and Jetsetter so you can book your Tabacon Grand Spa Thermal Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tabacon Grand Spa Thermal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Tabacon Grand Hotel Thermal
- Tabacon Grand Resort Thermal
- Tabacon Resort
- Tabacon Hot Springs
- Tabacon Grand Spa Thermal Resort Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park