First off a friend of mine from Costa Rica told me not to stay at this hotel. However Im very stubborn and didn't listen to her. After seeing the pictures and the reviews I just had to stay here. Please dont get me wrong if you are looking for a 5 star experience look no further but it will cost you. Right away they upgraded my husband and I to the honeymoon suite which was gorgeous! I was hoping for veiws of the volcano but we didn't have any. We went to dinner that night at the hotel since we arrived late. Just 2 meals and a $32 bottle of cheap wine and we were signing a $148.00 dinner tab. The food was delicious but we didn't even have any apps or dessert. I can go to Capital Grill back home for that price and we are in Costa Rica. The next night we asked where the locals go and were able to have plenty of drinks and appitizer and dinner for less than $40.00 and it was amazing! The Tabacon Hot Springs were to die for! What a spectacular place. Although you dont have to stay in the hotel to enjoy them. The location was ok. Its about half way between La Fortuna and the Volcano. 15 minutes to both. I probably would have rather stayed closer to the town.
So was it a great trip and a wonderful place tp stay? Yes.
Would I stay there again or recommend it? Unfortunatly not.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the heart of the tropical rainforest at the base of the majestic Arenal Volcano in the northern Region of Costa Rica. This five-star carbon neutral resort offers a unique blend of nature, adventure and relaxation. A member of The Leading Hotels of the World, Tabacon provides luxurious accommodations, services and amenities in a picture-perfect natural setting. The resort's unique healing thermal mineral spring river emerge from the volcanic earth, cascading to form waterfalls, streams, tranquil pools and ponds. Explore Shangri-La Gardens an hotel guests and adults-only hideaway, delight your senses with world- class cuisine inspired by local fares or surprise that special person with a gala dinner in the middle of the rainforest. Inside the gardens is the resort's Grand Spa, member of The Leading Spas of the World which combines a beautiful location with a singular spa experience, where treatments are rendered in open air bungalows all of them with private jacuzzi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Orbitz, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Tabacon Thermal Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tabacon Grand Spa Thermal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Tabacon Grand Hotel Thermal
- Tabacon Grand Resort Thermal
- Tabacon Resort
- Tabacon Hot Springs
- Tabacon Thermal Resort & Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park