We stayed at Tabacon during a recent vacation in Costa Rica. It was definitely worth the drive to Arena and we enjoyed staying in the resort. We opted for the cheaper garden room suite with no view of the Volcano. This worked out perfectly as the volcano had cloud cover at the top throughout our three day visit. You can also see the volcano from all over the area, so I don't feel like we missed out on anything. Our room was spacious and very clean. We had a large plasma TV (this worked out well for watching a DVD during a rainy afternoon). We enjoyed walking to the hot springs each day. I would say that it is worth paying the extra to stay at Tabacon for unlimited use of the hotsprings and avoiding the $55 per person charge. We would walk over there at the end of each day for some relaxation before dinner.
There was a lot to do in the area and having our own car we were able to do several trips and without using the "tourdesk" service and incurring the extra cost. We visited the hanging bridges, Arenal National Park and did an ATV ride. If it hadn't been raining during our visit we would have done a lot more as there was plenty to do in the area.
We also ate most of our meals in Fortuna rather than in the resort which saved us some money.
I would certainly stay here again if I visited the area and would recommend it to friends.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the heart of the tropical rainforest at the base of the majestic Arenal Volcano in the northern Region of Costa Rica. This five-star carbon neutral resort offers a unique blend of nature, adventure and relaxation. A member of The Leading Hotels of the World, Tabacon provides luxurious accommodations, services and amenities in a picture-perfect natural setting. The resort's unique healing thermal mineral spring river emerge from the volcanic earth, cascading to form waterfalls, streams, tranquil pools and ponds. Explore Shangri-La Gardens an hotel guests and adults-only hideaway, delight your senses with world- class cuisine inspired by local fares or surprise that special person with a gala dinner in the middle of the rainforest. Inside the gardens is the resort's Grand Spa, member of The Leading Spas of the World which combines a beautiful location with a singular spa experience, where treatments are rendered in open air bungalows all of them with private jacuzzi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Priceline, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Tabacon Thermal Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tabacon Grand Spa Thermal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Tabacon Grand Hotel Thermal
- Tabacon Grand Resort Thermal
- Tabacon Resort
- Tabacon Hot Springs
- Tabacon Thermal Resort & Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park