Tabacon Thermal Resort & Spa
The Royal Corin Thermal Water Spa & Resort(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$215
$201
Hotels.com
Hotel Lomas del Volcan(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$120
$108
  • Breakfast included
Arenal Lodge(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$114
$69
  • Breakfast included
Baldi Hot Springs Hotel Resort & Spa(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$146
Arenal Springs Resort and Spa(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$138
  • Breakfast included
Arenal Manoa Hotel(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$253
$160
Hotel El Silencio del Campo(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$156
Hotels.com
Volcano Lodge & Springs(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$184
$138
  • Breakfast included
Arenal Kioro Suites & Spa(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$244
Orbitz.com
Nayara Resort Spa & Gardens(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$449
3,812 results
All reviewslos tucaneshot springsshangri la gardensorchid roomhotel guestsunlimited accesshoneymoon suitecosta ricarainforest suiteopen to the publicday passswim up barprivate areabuffet dinnercouples massagearenal volcanostar resort
Reviewed September 7, 2012

the thermal waters are spectacular...the service is great, the rooms are spacious and luxurious.....the vacation is nice for a couple, singles or families as well. lots of great activities all around
The atmosphere is so relaxing..the food is great,,,,,you must take some tours to a wonderful places like volcano, horseback riding, white water rafting, zip line etc etc etc

Room Tip: the newer rooms are great!!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
dpape, Gerente at Tabacon Thermal Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2012

Dear Noegucovschi

Thanks for writing about your visit to our premises. It is our pleasure to become aware of your stay at Tabacon and the cheerful experience you have had. Tabacon is located at an ideal spot location with all main attractions nearby, this helps our visitors enjoy our property and at the same time the tours and main attractions of La Fortuna. All our accommodations and services are always updated in order to be of full comfort and enjoyment for our customers. Tabacon is definitely a must do experience. We sincerely wish to welcome you back shortly.

Reviewed September 7, 2012

My experience staying at Tabacon had been horrible…HORRIBLE. First of all, Tabacon is the third of five hotels that I was staying during my trip at Costa Rica. Due to rave reviews that I have read about this place, I had decided to splurge a little and give this place a try. It started out with checking into this hotl when we arrived, we were received very coldly when we arrived. Nothing special and I do not feel super welcome like how it was when we visited the other hotels. Essentially, there was no costa rican touch at all. When we checked in, I confirmed my reservation through jet setter for 4 people, staying in two rooms requesting 2 queen beds. However, upon checking in, Erick from the hotel who helped me checking in told me that I made reservation for only ONE person per room requesting 2 queen beds per room, AND they need to charge me for additional person per room because I only made reservation for one person per room. First of all, who on earth would reserve a room with 2 queen beds if only one person staying and it is basically the industry’s standard to allow maximum 2 occupancy per room, as stated on jet setter policy when I made the reservation. In addition, when I made the reservation via jet setter, I reserved the room with actually no of people staying. However, when I printed my confirmation, it did not specify no of people staying. After much explaining, Erick still insisted that I need to pay additional $68/room/day. I decided that I needed to talk to the manager and requesting for a meet. He immediately was on the phone with the manager and received alignment from manager that I will not be charged for the “additional” person. The manager of conde nast recommended hotel with “5 star” rating and part of “world best leading hotel series” was too busy to come up to the front desk and resolve this problem with its guests after the hotel messed it up. Erick hastily sent us to our rooms after one of the most unpleasant check in I have ever had in my life and embarrassment that I had to endure especially when I was also bringing several guests with me. To top it off, the hotel did not even try to make an effort to compensate for the mistake that they have made to the guests.

Having had unpleasant check out experience, I decided that I should wait till checking out to address this issue when asked about my stay in the hotel as many of other hotels do. Unfortunately, during our stay with Tabacon, we also experience an earthquake during the day time. An earthquake of a magnitude of 7.6 hit Guanacaste and we experience the ripple effect of the earthquake. I was walking in a corridor of the hotel at that time and decided to make a run to an open space expecting staff of hotel trying to evacuate all its guests to a safe evacuation area and try to maintain calm with their guests. Instead, what I see was guests running towards open area without any guidance from hotel staffs. Hotel staffs run to open area, looking confused and very panicked and instead of issuing emergency evacuation drill like what I would expect any leading hotels staff would do in an area with a volcano, they were talking among themselves
Instead, looking panicked and confused.

After the horrible stay at Tabacon, I have compiled all the issues that I have during the stay and would love to discuss it with the hotel staff or manager when I check out. Unfortunately, when I checked out, the staff did not even mentioned and asked how was my stay, instead, she was more concerned if I took anything from the minibar and discussing numbers and figures and not customer satisfaction.

All in all, I was extremely disappointed with my stay with Tabacon. I expected so much more from a hotel which has received so many recognitions. I received so much more comfort and welcome from other supposedly “less recognized” hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
17  Thank mambokia
Reviewed September 6, 2012

We just checked into Tabacon thermal Hot Springs resort , Costa Rica what a beautiful place there was a 7.6 earthquake when we arrived but there was no damage in this area the hotel is beautiful the Hot Springs are wonderful natural Hot Springs plenty of pools areas for couples to just lounge around and hear all the beautiful birds and animals in the trees. The staff was very pleasant upon arrival the rooms are very very nice rooms BUT bring your own pillow. We went to the Hot Springs bar and had one appetizer and 4 drinks the ck came to $110 and they measure their shots. so I would suggest bring your own alcohol. We haven't experienced any excursions yet due to the earthquake but we are going to zip line ...water rafting ..and quads will give you updates after excursions

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 4, 2012

When I first arrived at the hotel, I was unimpressed. The pulling-up-and checking in process was less warm-and-easy as the Costa Verde and duly less interesting than the Peace Lodge. I thought the lobby and check in process was a but cheesy, and yes, just another Britt gift shop.

However, after settling into my room and the neighboring grounds, I became at ease. It wasn't until we eveninged in the Tabacon Spa, ate the Tandoor menu foods, and bathed in the various waters was I to understand this is a 5 star location and a 5 star destination. Some places offer the luxury in the room, glossy setting or great pools. Tabacon has a volcano (and the attendant hot springs) in its backyard. Impressive, to say the least. Don't walk, run to this place. But remember you are not in Key West or something. Be nice, learn a few words in Spanish, and relax. It's a slower pace place. Bring snacks, the minibar is an overcharge.

Room Tip: I had an upper floor in the regular room block (406 approx) turned out to have a Volcano view.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank OliverBrooklyn
dpape, Gerente at Tabacon Thermal Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2012

Dear OliverBrooklyn,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor. We truly appreciate your feedback regarding your stay with us. It is nice to know that your experience went far beyond your first impression. Tabacon is a place to be tasted and experienced. It is indeed beautiful at human sight, but to have the real personal experience of swinging all around the majestic natural hot springs born at the feed of the Volcano, it is just unbelievable. Our gardens are the perfect place to relax and to experience a real connection with nature. It gives our clients the possibility to experience something that is difficult to describe with words or pictures. I hope to be able to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Just came back from a wonderful weekend at the Tabacon Resort in Arenal. This is probably the most beautiful spa I’ve been in my life with a very relaxing atmosphere and top notch service. I really recommend it. The room was huge and fill with amenities with a great view of the tropical forest. The food at the restaurant was magnificent and the wine list is very complete. I am surely coming back for my next anniversary! Thank you!

Room Tip: I stayed in room 611 which was great!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Luis900

Dear Luis900,

thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor with us. We are very glad that you have had a marvelous time at Tabacon Grand Spa Thermal Resort. Our new renovated rooms are indeed spacious with a big window showing to our rain forest, so our clients can observe the nature with tranquility. It is very pleasant to read that you enjoyed the food and beverage offers in our restaurants. We would be greatly honored to welcome you back on your next anniversary, we really appreciate that you are letting us be part of this special celebrations.