3,974 results
All reviewslos tucaneshot springsshangri la gardenshotel guestsorchid roomunlimited accessrainforest suitehoneymoon suitecosta ricaopen to the publicday passprivate areaswim up barbuffet dinnercouples massagearenal volcanostar resort
Reviewed August 27, 2012

We stayed 3 nights at Tabacon Resort in early August. Wonderful experience with different restaurants and hot springs. A great trip to Arenal with the family. The resort upgraded us to a honeymoon suite with a volcanic view and provided a rainforest suite for my 2 adult sons, since we are members of The Leaders Club. Every night the hotel treated us with a assortment of gifts - cake (my wife's birthday), a bottle of wine and fruits and a assortment of pastries on the last day. I would highly recommend this hotel/resort. The entire staff at Tabacon treated us as their special guest and since my older son is a assistant to a reputed director in Hollywood, we were treated royally. As it rains in Arenal, Costa Rica every day around 4 Pm, the hot springs was the star attraction for every evening. I would love to go back again........ Excellent service indeed. P.S. My sister is travelling to Arenal in October and she is also requesting a honeymoon suite.

Room Tip: Get a room on the second floor (honeymoon suite) with the volcanic view.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
dpape, Gerente at Tabacon Thermal Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2012

Dear Mr. Narenmehta,

We appreciate that you took the time to write this review and share your experience with all of us. At Tabacon Grand Spa Thermal Resort all visitors are special to us, we always give to provide nice and personal treats that would make you feel as comfortable as possible. That makes us become a great destination with the comfort, accommodations and recognized service that all our customers deserve, making you feel as special as you are.
The climate is indeed often rainy in the afternoons, but we do need the rain here to be able to have all this beautiful Flora and Fauna all around us. Indeed as you mentioned the Hot Springs are best to enjoy in the evenings.
It would be a pleasure to welcome you all back on a future birthday celebration.

Best regards,

Reviewed August 23, 2012

I really love this resort. The resort is really beautiful, and the Tabacon hot spring is awesome. The hotel is beautiful and the room is perfect with a nice view of gardens. The staffs speak English very well, and very friendly. The room is very comfortable with a sitting area and safety deposit box. The bathroom was well decorated. The restaurant at the hotel is really great. The breakfast buffet is great with diverse fresh juices and fruits, and the al-la-carte dinner is also great with wonderful atmosphere and wonderful music.
The Tabacon hot spring is a must with a really fantastic view and awesome hot spring waters. It is really amazing. The pool area by the hot springs is also great. There are various pools of varying sizes and temperatures. The hot springs are a short walk from the hotel, about 5 minutes

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
dpape, Gerente at Tabacon Thermal Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2012

Dear Chul A

First of all I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your feedback and shre it with us. On behalf of Tabacon`s staff I will like to thank you for the warm and positive comments regarding your stay! Our aim is to always give a superior customer service and I am glad to see that the team members went above and beyond to make your stay more comfortable. I will post this comment, as well as the other comments on our blackboard and share your feedback with them. Every area of the Hotel mentioned on your review; gardens, resort, pools , rooms and the restaurants are well kept by all the employees.
We have been promoting our new a-la cart menu at our Restaurant los Tucanes and your comments encourage us to keep improving. As well the live jazz music is relatively new in the restaurant and our clients love it.
The Hotel has its own pool right next to the Restaurante Los Tucanes, but 5 min walking down the road we have our resort area with many different pools, in size and even in temperature all surrounded by the rainforest. The resort is difficult to describe, for sure unique in the world, the combination of the location and the flora and fauna. Best is to experience it…..
It would be a pleasure to welcome you back in the future.

Best Regards,

Reviewed August 22, 2012

This hotel isn't like any other hotel you will come across.

The hotel style is more than any other hotel and the uniqueness of the hot springs. They are naturally and there are so many that everyone finds his own magic spring.

The service here is beyond what you even can imagine.

My wife and I have been here for honey moon on August 2012.

I highly recommend this one in a life hotel. I'm sure I will come back here very soon!

• Stayed: August 2012

Dear Kobizu,

Thank you very much that you took the time to write us your experience. The feedback of our clients gives us a very important orientation on our performance. It makes us happy to read that your experience in Tabacon made your honeymoon an unforgettable stay!
It is our aim to ensure all guest at our Hotel enjoy the service and atmosphere as you have. It is our aim is to give a superior customer service and I am happy to read that the whole team exceeded your expectations to make your stay more comfortable.
It is nice to read that you are planning to visit us again in the future, it will be a pleasure to have you again with us.

Best regards,

Reviewed August 20, 2012

We spent our honeymoon at Tabacon and expected more from the staff, food and rooms. I feel like we were just another number upon greeting. You are given a plastic wristband that you must keep on your entire stay. It made us feel like we were at a theme park. We were not given any kind of ground tour, just a map. We stayed in the rain forest suite, which was spacious and fairly comfortable. It felt like a regular hotel. The bedding is made with goose down feathers, and the humid climate does not do well with feathers. We felt like we were sleeping on wet smelly feathers with no support. We were really looking forward to a romantic bath, but the tub would never fill up past .25 inch. A couple days the hot water wasn't working, although once we told them, it was fixed. They let us check in right after someone else left, so the bathroom amenities were never replaced. Good thing we had our own. The food was just ok. I honestly barely ate because it wasn't flavorful or interesting. And way overpriced for the quality. We tried both restaurants and the bar and never loved any meal. I didn't like feeling pressured to fill out survey/comment cards directly after meals or spa treatments. We should be given the option at the end of our visit, not bothering us so they can have good reviews on the spot. The one thing that saved our trip was the actual hot springs. They were incredibly beautiful and relaxing. We also had to find our own way to the springs by walking about 5-10 minutes down the street. It would be nice to have staff show us around and what to expect. I think they try to be accommodating, but they may just be too big. If you are looking for a beautiful location, this was great...but if you are looking for a welcoming comfortable stay, I can't highly recommend. We also had spent the previous 6 days at a lovely place in Santa Teresa and were spoiled with staff and comfort and food. So this was a hard transition.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ValerieHB

Dear Mr. & Mrs. ValerieHB,

Thank you very much for taking the time to writte and share with us your experience. We do appreciate a lot your feedback regarding your stay with us.
I'm very sorry for the inconvenience you experienced in our room and Restaurants I will address your concerns with the Director of Housekeeping and the Director of Food and Beverage to ensure this kind of situations is avoided in the future. During your next stay with us, please do not hesitate to call down to the front desk and inform them of the situations as they will be happy to make sure we give you a sight inspection and a room attendant addresses your room right away. In cases the food is not as expected it would be a pleasure to prepare the food as expected after a private conversation.
I hope you give us the opportunity to surpass your expectations on your next visit!

Best regards

Reviewed August 20, 2012

The Spa and the hot springs are amazing, amazing, but the hotel is just average. The hotel doesn't feel like a 5-star but maybe that's just costa rica for you. We didn't have any fresh towels upon check-in and we had to call the front desk twice for towels. The beds were comfortable and the view of the volcano from our room was beautiful. The bathrooms were very dark. The internet connection throughout the hotel was pretty good.Good fresh coffee in the lobby every morning and nice gym area. The food there is extrememly expensive and your only options are super expensive restaturant or a super expensive buffett. If you want to see something different, take a 15min cab ride into La Fortuna or go to the restaurant next to the resort, up the street from the hot springs. That place was great.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Trojanheart05

Thank you very much for taking the time to write us your feedback and for sharing it with us. We do appreciate your feedback is very much as it helps us to improve. I apologize for the situation you experienced when housekeeping did not refresh your room with clean. I will address your concerns with the Director of Rooms Division to ensure this situation does not happen again in the future. In regards to our Food Menus it is a pleasure to inform you that our F&B team made some actualizations of the Food menus. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back on your next trip to Costa Rica, to give us the opportunity to surpass your expectations on your next visit!.

Best regards