If you really like hot springs then Tabacon is your place. Higher price includes free admission to hot springs which makes it a real bargain if you visit them once a day.
We stayed on a second floor in room 432 with garden view. Well, it's not your normal garden view. Lots of flowering trees and pretty birds in the evening. Room is quite spacious. Facilities kind of dated but it's ok, some cracks in grout around bath tub and little things. Beds in combination with night hot springs ensured great sleep.
Restaurants: the hotel restaurant is a little better then the one at hot springs but both were ok for me, but not my wife. They were really expensive for the quality of food. Coming from US one would expect a little more from a dish for $24. Avoid cocktails - at shangri la we got charged $26 for double margaritas and they haven't had alcohol in them - just a ton of ice!!! Couple more beers and we ran up the bill to $90 - ripoff.
Had it not been for that barman at Shangri La our stay would be perfect.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the heart of the tropical rainforest at the base of the majestic Arenal Volcano in the northern Region of Costa Rica. This five-star carbon neutral resort offers a unique blend of nature, adventure and relaxation. A member of The Leading Hotels of the World, Tabacon provides luxurious accommodations, services and amenities in a picture-perfect natural setting. The resort's unique healing thermal mineral spring river emerge from the volcanic earth, cascading to form waterfalls, streams, tranquil pools and ponds. Explore Shangri-La Gardens an hotel guests and adults-only hideaway, delight your senses with world- class cuisine inspired by local fares or surprise that special person with a gala dinner in the middle of the rainforest. Inside the gardens is the resort's Grand Spa, member of The Leading Spas of the World which combines a beautiful location with a singular spa experience, where treatments are rendered in open air bungalows all of them with private jacuzzi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Cheap Tickets, BookIt.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Tabacon Thermal Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tabacon Grand Spa Thermal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Tabacon Grand Hotel Thermal
- Tabacon Grand Resort Thermal
- Tabacon Resort
- Tabacon Hot Springs
- Tabacon Thermal Resort & Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park