This place is amazing. I was a little hesitant given some of the previous reviews. But after residing there for two nights/three days as a part of my honeymoon, I can't do anything but rave about this place.
The grounds are incredible; the hot springs are heavenly; Our room was spacious and clean. However, warning, if you use the jacuzzi tub, you do have to fill it and run the jets a while to get rid of the stagnant water smell. We went into La Fortuna and bought a little bottle of bleach, filled the tub, then ran the jets. We drained the tub and after that, no problems with a smell. We suspect it's because the tub is unused and the waters just stands stagnant.
It's not really a big deal because it's an easy fix and probably if you ask the staff, they will do it for you. The dinners (buffet and ala carte restaurant) are pricey. I would forego dinner there and take an $8 taxi into La Fortuna where you can eat like a king/queen for less than $30 - yep, that's appetizer, main entree, dessert, and a drink or two for two people. Incroyable!!!
It's nature's paradise - no problem with bugs or anything. I would definately recommend this place and stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the heart of the tropical rainforest at the base of the majestic Arenal Volcano in the northern Region of Costa Rica. This five-star carbon neutral resort offers a unique blend of nature, adventure and relaxation. A member of The Leading Hotels of the World, Tabacon provides luxurious accommodations, services and amenities in a picture-perfect natural setting. The resort's unique healing thermal mineral spring river emerge from the volcanic earth, cascading to form waterfalls, streams, tranquil pools and ponds. Explore Shangri-La Gardens an hotel guests and adults-only hideaway, delight your senses with world- class cuisine inspired by local fares or surprise that special person with a gala dinner in the middle of the rainforest. Inside the gardens is the resort's Grand Spa, member of The Leading Spas of the World which combines a beautiful location with a singular spa experience, where treatments are rendered in open air bungalows all of them with private jacuzzi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, BookIt.com, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Tabacon Thermal Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tabacon Grand Spa Thermal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Tabacon Grand Hotel Thermal
- Tabacon Grand Resort Thermal
- Tabacon Resort
- Tabacon Hot Springs
- Tabacon Thermal Resort & Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park