This place is amazing. I was a little hesitant given some of the previous reviews. But after residing there for two nights/three days as a part of my honeymoon, I can't do anything but rave about this place.
The grounds are incredible; the hot springs are heavenly; Our room was spacious and clean. However, warning, if you use the jacuzzi tub, you do have to fill it and run the jets a while to get rid of the stagnant water smell. We went into La Fortuna and bought a little bottle of bleach, filled the tub, then ran the jets. We drained the tub and after that, no problems with a smell. We suspect it's because the tub is unused and the waters just stands stagnant.
It's not really a big deal because it's an easy fix and probably if you ask the staff, they will do it for you. The dinners (buffet and ala carte restaurant) are pricey. I would forego dinner there and take an $8 taxi into La Fortuna where you can eat like a king/queen for less than $30 - yep, that's appetizer, main entree, dessert, and a drink or two for two people. Incroyable!!!
It's nature's paradise - no problem with bugs or anything. I would definately recommend this place and stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the heart of the tropical rainforest at the base of the majestic Arenal Volcano in the northern Region of Costa Rica. This five-star carbon neutral resort offers a unique blend of nature, adventure and relaxation. A member of The Leading Hotels of the World, Tabacon provides luxurious accommodations, services and amenities in a picture-perfect natural setting. The resort's unique healing thermal mineral spring river emerge from the volcanic earth, cascading to form waterfalls, streams, tranquil pools and ponds. Explore Shangri-La Gardens an hotel guests and adults-only hideaway, delight your senses with world- class cuisine inspired by local fares or surprise that special person with a gala dinner in the middle of the rainforest. Inside the gardens is the resort's Grand Spa, member of The Leading Spas of the World which combines a beautiful location with a singular spa experience, where treatments are rendered in open air bungalows all of them with private jacuzzi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Tabacon Thermal Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tabacon Grand Spa Thermal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Tabacon Grand Hotel Thermal
- Tabacon Grand Resort Thermal
- Tabacon Resort
- Tabacon Hot Springs
- Tabacon Thermal Resort & Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park