3 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.com$156
Hotels.com$156
eDreams$156
Agoda.com$156
CheapTickets$156
Travelocity$156
2,592 results
All reviews smithsonian room free morning hiking trails observation deck frog pond white hawk morning walk howler monkeys costa rica suspension bridge standard room bumpy ride guided walk national park arenal observatory unpaved road pool and hot tub
Selected filters
Reviewed June 19, 2019

My husband and I just visited this resort and we will never visit another in La Fortuna! The Observatorio is beautiful and the service and food are outstanding. In addition, there are hiking trails to waterfalls and rivers within the property and beautiful landscaping around the rooms. The concierge services were also very helpful. We had a beautiful view of the volcano the entire time. It is a big of a drive to the city center of La Fortuna but I don't feel like that took away from the experience since there was so much to do at the resort and transportation was so easy to arrange. We will definitely be back!

Reviewed June 12, 2019 via mobile

This was our second trip to Costa Rica. We stayed 3 days at Arenal Observatory Lodge and Spa and wish we stayed longer. We had a Smithsonian room, number 15...I think...There is no AC, but there are screened levered windows and a powerful ceiling fan. It was cool at night. The room had a king bed and a queen with an amazing view of the garden and Arenal volcano with a patio. It was a short walk to the pool and a little further to the restaurant. The walk is easy and if you're a birder it will take three times as long, there are birds and local wildlife around every bend. Highly recommmend Nestor for birding guide!

Date of stay: May 2019
2  Thank mkweeksjax
Reviewed June 10, 2019

AOL was amazing! Was a great location close to la Fortuna and lots of activities. Staff was excellent and helpful. Reasonable prices and LOTS to do on site. Would stay here again. They also left a bottle of wine in the room for our honeymoon.

Reviewed June 10, 2019

I had no idea what to expect coming here. This experience was incredible. As soon as we checked in the staff was so friendly and helpful. The man at the front desk was awesome, I think his name was Esteban! Everything was great, especially the view. I don’t think you can get a view like that anywhere else. The cleaning staff is amazing! I don’t love bugs but come on, you have to make sacrifices in the rain forest. But our room stayed so clean, they must really work hard to keep it that way, and we really appreciated it. The pool was great, morning guided trail was fantastic, the guide was very informative and fun and found so much wildlife for us to see, and a beautiful waterfall. The grounds are incredible! We saw so much just from our balcony in the room. Swinging monkeys, humming birds, tons and tons of birds. Despite other reviews, we thought the food was pretty good. I read other reviews and brought snacks I was so worried about the food but it was great, especially the service! I think one mans name was Kenneth, he was awesome! The only one downfall is that we didn’t bring a car, and tours and trips into la fortuna are $35 both ways, which I knew when we booked the hotel and that was fine, however you have to pay with cash and we only had a card. They called us the nicest taxi driver named Louis and he was so nice and offered to take us to an atm. If you need a taxi at all definitely ask for him! We also used Uber a couple times from the hotel about half the price and worked great. Probably better to stay here if you have your own car though. But we had an amazing time regardless. There really is a lot to do right on the property. We spent hours just on our deck staring at the view. There is no air but the fan in the room is heavy duty we never got to hot. The tap water was fine to drink. Everything was honestly perfect here. Thank you for an amazing stay Arenal Observatory Lodge!

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
austina889, Public Relations Manager at Arenal Observatory Lodge & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2019

Hello Stefanysefcik,

Wow! Thank you so much for providing us with such a detailed review about your recent stay at our lodge. Reading your positive comments brings a smile to our faces. I have shared your kind words with Esteban and Kenneth, they were pleased to be of service. We are honored that you considered your stay a perfect one and we hope to have the opportunity to host you again in the future.

Austin G.
Public Relations Manager

Reviewed June 10, 2019 via mobile

We loved our rooms and the views we had. All the scenery and trails around this hotel are beautiful- more than I expected. The restaurant was very nice and reasonably priced. The room didn’t have AC which was a little disappointing but it was horrible. There was a nice big fan and open windows that made our rest very nice. We got to see a bunch of monkeys jumping through the trees in the morning. Breakfast needs to be served earlier than 7. It gets light at 5 and most people are leaving hotel to do excursions by 7.

1  Thank 623BertK