There is a spectacular view of the volcano erupting at night able to view from bed (from a very safe distance!), subject to weather conditions.
A huge variety of colourful birds visited daily to the feeding table outside our window. This included a pair of green parrots and a huge pair of Norwiegan Blue parrots.
A wildish coati (albeit very friendly and a bit over-weight) lives around the site and is fed bananas (not sure how good it is for their health/survival instinct?), but keeps the guests entertained.
It reminded us of a charming ski lodge circa 1960's, with wood furnishings, and big ceilings.
The bar pool table was welcome distraction as there is not anywhere to go near by. Restaurant pleasant.
Sunset drinks on the deck are a friendly social time.
We went to the Tabacon Springs volcanic spa at the bottom of the volcano, that although expensive was a great day to relax and this was a sufficient activity and time to spend in Arenal.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Arenal Lodge provides guests with the excitement of staying in an authentic rainforest lodge with breathtaking panoramic views of Costa Rica’s famous Arenal Volcano and Lake Arenal. Guests will enjoy a casual and relaxed rustic lodge setting with the added value of a complimentary breakfast daily. Located on 2000-acres of beautiful tropical rainforest, the lodge is situated near Arenal Volcano National Park. The lodge is surrounded by rainforest - housing hundreds of exotic birds, small animals and the beautiful tropical flowers and trees of Costa Rica. and is its own local tourist attraction due to its exclusive location with breathtaking panoramic views of Arenal Volcano and Lake Arenal. The lodge features a full service restaurant with local and international cuisine, gift shop, three heated outdoor Jacuzzis, an infinite edge swimming pool, walking trails, a butterfly garden, horseback riding, a game room and outdoor playground for children, fitness room, sauna, and free wireless high speed internet access. Guest rooms and suites feature cable TV, telephone, coffee maker, clock radio, and all have private baths. Complimentary crib and wheel chair are available on request. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your Arenal Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Arenal Lodge Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park