Suite room was clean, with view towards the Arenal volcano, but was not possible to see it, because of the fog. Saw a peccary on the lawn, below our balcony. Went to the close by Hanging bridges, which was very nice! If you dont have a car or 4x4, call the place itself(Hanging bridges), and they can come pick you up and drive you back, for US$ 12/pax., instead of the US$ 65 that the person at the tour desk inside the hotel wanted to charge us, for a taxi from La Fortuna to the Hanging bridges site and back(and having the taxi wait for you at the entrance of the site itself, while you walk around)... It was another US$ 45 each for the minibus-boat-minibus ride from the Arenal Lodge to Santa Elena, via a bumpy road, for awhile (but what spectacular scenery) once you have crossed Arenal lake. Oh, the taxi ride from La Fortuna to the Arenal lodge was about US$ 25 (about 10 km)... Get into the right taxi (the red ones), and watch out for the scammers at the bus stop in La Fortuna, who promise you a room for the night for US$ 5-7...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Arenal Lodge provides guests with the excitement of staying in an authentic rainforest lodge with breathtaking panoramic views of Costa Rica’s famous Arenal Volcano and Lake Arenal. Guests will enjoy a casual and relaxed rustic lodge setting with the added value of a complimentary breakfast daily. Located on 2000-acres of beautiful tropical rainforest, the lodge is situated near Arenal Volcano National Park. The lodge is surrounded by rainforest - housing hundreds of exotic birds, small animals and the beautiful tropical flowers and trees of Costa Rica. and is its own local tourist attraction due to its exclusive location with breathtaking panoramic views of Arenal Volcano and Lake Arenal. The lodge features a full service restaurant with local and international cuisine, gift shop, three heated outdoor Jacuzzis, an infinite edge swimming pool, walking trails, a butterfly garden, horseback riding, a game room and outdoor playground for children, fitness room, sauna, and free wireless high speed internet access. Guest rooms and suites feature cable TV, telephone, coffee maker, clock radio, and all have private baths. Complimentary crib and wheel chair are available on request. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hotwire, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Agoda, Odigeo, Priceline and Orbitz so you can book your Arenal Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Arenal Lodge Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park