We stayed at a JR suite with our 2 kids. We had a great time--the staff was very friendly and helpful, the restaurant was very reasonably priced. There is a macaw named Stefanie that stays at the lodge and is social.
The view of the volcano is amazing in the dry season but the volcano was never out of the clouds during the summer(the wet season). The drive up to the lode is very steep--you won't need a 4x4 but you will need to use first gear to scale the road. On the plus side we saw many animals along the side of the road since you are in jungle.
One note--if you have a car you can easily get to a number of activities that the tour desk offers and for far cheaper. We overpaid for a tour of the Arenal trail and the hanging bridges--whereas we could have just driven right up to both of these places for half the price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Arenal Lodge provides guests with the excitement of staying in an authentic rainforest lodge with breathtaking panoramic views of Costa Rica’s famous Arenal Volcano and Lake Arenal. Guests will enjoy a casual and relaxed rustic lodge setting with the added value of a complimentary breakfast daily. Located on 2000-acres of beautiful tropical rainforest, the lodge is situated near Arenal Volcano National Park. The lodge is surrounded by rainforest - housing hundreds of exotic birds, small animals and the beautiful tropical flowers and trees of Costa Rica. and is its own local tourist attraction due to its exclusive location with breathtaking panoramic views of Arenal Volcano and Lake Arenal. The lodge features a full service restaurant with local and international cuisine, gift shop, three heated outdoor Jacuzzis, an infinite edge swimming pool, walking trails, a butterfly garden, horseback riding, a game room and outdoor playground for children, fitness room, sauna, and free wireless high speed internet access. Guest rooms and suites feature cable TV, telephone, coffee maker, clock radio, and all have private baths. Complimentary crib and wheel chair are available on request. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Arenal Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Arenal Lodge Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park