This is the first review I have ever written but after reading all the negative comments for Arenal lodge I feel I must speak up. My wife and I stayed here last February and April and it was one the most rewarding experiences in all our travels. We are in the restaurant/service industry back home and I will tell you I would be proud to have any of these people work for me! Everyone from the owners to cleaning personnel were stunningly gracious and friendly! Miguel is the best tour guide ever! Jesse lined up fun activities and was so helpful with advice on things that were not in her job duties. Rebecca was a sweet desk clerk that was always helpful and friendly(I cannot remember the other clerks name but he was equally gracious). Henry is an awesome waiter (I know good servers because that's my business), the food was excellent and it was fun when he would help us learn some Español. Freddy the owner took much time from his busy schedule to chat with me. The fact that we still remember most of these names a year later tells you that they left us good memories. It is because of these friendly people that we will be back to Arenal Lodge again this February(bringing our children with this time) and will visit Costa Rica every chance we get.
Before we booked Arenal Lodge we looked at maps and google earth and yes it is off the beaten path which is one of the things we liked about it. The road up to the hotel was adventurous and to me that was fun. If you don't like that kind of thing do your research so you are not surprised when you get there.
The hotel is a remote lodge and I believe that is what makes it unique and special. We felt it was clean and well maintained. As far as bugs or humidity, what do you expect in the middle of the jungle where it rains often and the humidity can be high? We were there during the dry season and didn't even notice the humidity, we thought the climate was like paradise! If you want regular resort type surroundings there are plenty of those around La Fortuna but if want a true adventure in a jungle setting with great people Arenal Lodge cant be beat!!!
Clyde and Lisa
North Dakota USA
(snowstorm today, -25 F couple of days ago, cant wait to get back to CR!!!)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Arenal Lodge provides guests with the excitement of staying in an authentic rainforest lodge with breathtaking panoramic views of Costa Rica’s famous Arenal Volcano and Lake Arenal. Guests will enjoy a casual and relaxed rustic lodge setting with the added value of a complimentary breakfast daily. Located on 2000-acres of beautiful tropical rainforest, the lodge is situated near Arenal Volcano National Park. The lodge is surrounded by rainforest - housing hundreds of exotic birds, small animals and the beautiful tropical flowers and trees of Costa Rica. and is its own local tourist attraction due to its exclusive location with breathtaking panoramic views of Arenal Volcano and Lake Arenal. The lodge features a full service restaurant with local and international cuisine, gift shop, three heated outdoor Jacuzzis, an infinite edge swimming pool, walking trails, a butterfly garden, horseback riding, a game room and outdoor playground for children, fitness room, sauna, and free wireless high speed internet access. Guest rooms and suites feature cable TV, telephone, coffee maker, clock radio, and all have private baths. Complimentary crib and wheel chair are available on request. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Arenal Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Arenal Lodge Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park