I was skeptical about this property because of the reviews and pictures we saw before we went. Our 9-day trip was arranged by Travels By Jen through Travelzoo (great value and itinerary). Arenal Lodge was our first, 3-night destination, and really set the stage for getting into the beauty of the Costa Rican rain forest. We stayed in Junior Suite 112 and it couldn't have been more perfect for us and a tremendous value. Open air, high ceilings of teak? wood with a huge patio with rocking chairs in the middle of a magical jungle and lord of the land volcano coming in and out of view with the clouds and rain. The staff was very friendly but not intrusive. The complimentary breakfast was a feast and the dinner we had was delicious and a good value. The nature paths were breathtaking. The guide for the free horseback riding was ill the day we were not riding the rapids at Rio Balsa (through Desafio company - highly recommended). Ask the staff about the (free) hot springs that the locals go to rather than the touristy ones - this was a highlight of the trip (about 5 km. towards Fortuna).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Arenal Lodge provides guests with the excitement of staying in an authentic rainforest lodge with breathtaking panoramic views of Costa Rica’s famous Arenal Volcano and Lake Arenal. Guests will enjoy a casual and relaxed rustic lodge setting with the added value of a complimentary breakfast daily. Located on 2000-acres of beautiful tropical rainforest, the lodge is situated near Arenal Volcano National Park. The lodge is surrounded by rainforest - housing hundreds of exotic birds, small animals and the beautiful tropical flowers and trees of Costa Rica. and is its own local tourist attraction due to its exclusive location with breathtaking panoramic views of Arenal Volcano and Lake Arenal. The lodge features a full service restaurant with local and international cuisine, gift shop, three heated outdoor Jacuzzis, an infinite edge swimming pool, walking trails, a butterfly garden, horseback riding, a game room and outdoor playground for children, fitness room, sauna, and free wireless high speed internet access. Guest rooms and suites feature cable TV, telephone, coffee maker, clock radio, and all have private baths. Complimentary crib and wheel chair are available on request. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Odigeo, Priceline, Travelocity and Agoda so you can book your Arenal Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Arenal Lodge Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park