BEST: THE VIEW. We spent the first 3 nights of our Costa Rican vacation at this hotel and loved every minute. We stayed in one of the chalets on top of the hill, which is really a must. The view is unbelievable - volcano and surrounding lake. Really cant get that view from any other room style. Based on the view alone, I would absolutely come back to this hotel.
The restaurant: not great. Of the 3 days we were there, we didn't see a single other person eating lunch or dinner. They have a good breakfast included though - orange juice, fruit plate, and either traditional costa rican food, american breakfast, or pancakes.
Other things: Free walking tour on the grounds of the hotel is great. Getting to La Fortuna is a 30 dollar cab ride there and 30 dollar cab ride back. So what we did is go on one of the tours (water safari, for example) during the afternoon and then have them drop us off in La Fortuna for dinner, and then we only had to pay for the cab fare home at the end of the night. Also be prepared for the birds to wake you up at around 6am.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Arenal Lodge provides guests with the excitement of staying in an authentic rainforest lodge with breathtaking panoramic views of Costa Rica’s famous Arenal Volcano and Lake Arenal. Guests will enjoy a casual and relaxed rustic lodge setting with the added value of a complimentary breakfast daily. Located on 2000-acres of beautiful tropical rainforest, the lodge is situated near Arenal Volcano National Park. The lodge is surrounded by rainforest - housing hundreds of exotic birds, small animals and the beautiful tropical flowers and trees of Costa Rica. and is its own local tourist attraction due to its exclusive location with breathtaking panoramic views of Arenal Volcano and Lake Arenal. The lodge features a full service restaurant with local and international cuisine, gift shop, three heated outdoor Jacuzzis, an infinite edge swimming pool, walking trails, a butterfly garden, horseback riding, a game room and outdoor playground for children, fitness room, sauna, and free wireless high speed internet access. Guest rooms and suites feature cable TV, telephone, coffee maker, clock radio, and all have private baths. Complimentary crib and wheel chair are available on request. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Arenal Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Arenal Lodge Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park