Even though I knew about the road going up from the gate to the hotel, we could never have imagined how it felt to climb up through all the lush greenery in the dark until, at what seemed the furthest outpost in this newly encountereded country - we were relieved to finally see lights, and the sign, "You made it!" Its remoteness makes Arenal Lodge an adventure, and its hospitality staff makes it a welcoming comfortable place to relax. My wife and I stayed three nights in January, and appreciated the worn-in tropical feel of our room just a few feet away from birds and flowers and tayras (look 'em up) in the yard, and from the vista out toward Volcan Arenal. Watching the clouds pass over the now-dormant volcano from our patio was reminiscent of staring languidly at a lava lamp. We agree with other reviewers that the nature walk on the huge forested grounds of the hotel with Miguel, included in the room price, was wonderfully low-key, interesting and more personally satisfying than most tours we have been on. And it was great to have Jesenia of Jacamar Tours on-site to help us line up some great activities off-site during our stay. The breakfasts, the sea bass and ceviches at lunch, and the pina coladas any time of day were delicious. The whole experience was an enjoyable escape from winter in Wisconsin.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Arenal Lodge provides guests with the excitement of staying in an authentic rainforest lodge with breathtaking panoramic views of Costa Rica’s famous Arenal Volcano and Lake Arenal. Guests will enjoy a casual and relaxed rustic lodge setting with the added value of a complimentary breakfast daily. Located on 2000-acres of beautiful tropical rainforest, the lodge is situated near Arenal Volcano National Park. The lodge is surrounded by rainforest - housing hundreds of exotic birds, small animals and the beautiful tropical flowers and trees of Costa Rica. and is its own local tourist attraction due to its exclusive location with breathtaking panoramic views of Arenal Volcano and Lake Arenal. The lodge features a full service restaurant with local and international cuisine, gift shop, three heated outdoor Jacuzzis, an infinite edge swimming pool, walking trails, a butterfly garden, horseback riding, a game room and outdoor playground for children, fitness room, sauna, and free wireless high speed internet access. Guest rooms and suites feature cable TV, telephone, coffee maker, clock radio, and all have private baths. Complimentary crib and wheel chair are available on request. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Arenal Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Arenal Lodge Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park