I have been driving by the sign advertising this hotel every time I've been to La Fortuna (many times over the years). A friend that booked a tour with 3 nights at the Arenal Lodge, so I wanted to spend some time with him and his significant other. So, we booked two nights at the lodge. On the way up the hill we were greeted by at least a group of 15 Coatimundis digging in the leaves for their next meal. I knew right then this would be a great trip. Well, this was right up my alley, I love nature and animals. When we got to the top I found the reception area to be charming. That night the dinning was just great with good food that filled me up. The next morning I was ready to hit the trail with a free guided tour. Well the tour blew me away. Our guide Manuel Jiminez explained all the detail with of the relationship by the vegetation, the insects, the animals and man. It was fascinating, best guide I ever had, he had my attention 100% of the time. The stay at Arenal Lodge will have many memories and I'll be back for more.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Arenal Lodge provides guests with the excitement of staying in an authentic rainforest lodge with breathtaking panoramic views of Costa Rica’s famous Arenal Volcano and Lake Arenal. Guests will enjoy a casual and relaxed rustic lodge setting with the added value of a complimentary breakfast daily. Located on 2000-acres of beautiful tropical rainforest, the lodge is situated near Arenal Volcano National Park. The lodge is surrounded by rainforest - housing hundreds of exotic birds, small animals and the beautiful tropical flowers and trees of Costa Rica. and is its own local tourist attraction due to its exclusive location with breathtaking panoramic views of Arenal Volcano and Lake Arenal. The lodge features a full service restaurant with local and international cuisine, gift shop, three heated outdoor Jacuzzis, an infinite edge swimming pool, walking trails, a butterfly garden, horseback riding, a game room and outdoor playground for children, fitness room, sauna, and free wireless high speed internet access. Guest rooms and suites feature cable TV, telephone, coffee maker, clock radio, and all have private baths. Complimentary crib and wheel chair are available on request. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Arenal Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Arenal Lodge Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park