We loved our staying here. Arenal Lodge is a magic and beautiful place. You drive to the top of the hill through the forest on a paved road and you feel like being in the fairy tale story. The view from the top is breathtaking. The lodge is in the middle of 1000 hectares of land and no other building is around. You are facing the majestic volcano Arenal. Staff at the resort was extremely nice and polite. We got a glass of champagne to welcome us. One night coming back from hot springs…. we were very hungry but the kitchen was already closed. They offered us to make a sandwich with no hesitation.
The lodge is a wood build construction having elegant colonial style. Rooms have French windows, large balcony with rocking chairs and a beautiful view to the luxury garden full of flowers and the Volcano. Our room was a junior suite. The standard rooms, didn’t have the view. We loved our tours with hotel guide Miguel. We went with him on horse back riding and hiking in the forest. He is an amazing person, passionate by his work and knowledgeable about the nature. We saw more wildlife here than in Cloud forest in Monteverde. We saw, learned and enjoyed our time with you Miguel. We had other tour guides during our trip, before and after meeting you, but you touched our hearts and made our memory unforgettable. Thank you Miguel!
If one would like to go hiking to the Volcano there are few centers you can start from. This time we went without guide. The information we found about volcano on the Internet was enough to us. The place is safe and you are not allowed to hike very high. It’s rather a short trail.
The activity to experience is a hot spring thermal station. There are many centers and for all budgets. We chose one witch was small with more privacy - Eco-Termales Hot Springs. We had a blast. We went also to visit the Baldi Hot Springs Centre and it was too big and too commercial.
We experienced also the laundry service in Fortuna. The way it works: You bring your laundry; the price is based on the weight + detergent and softener for dryer. There is an employee, who does everything. You just come back 1h later and you get fresh, perfumed and nicely folded clothes. The place was very clean and their machines where all new. We paid 12$ for 2 medium size bags.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Arenal Lodge provides guests with the excitement of staying in an authentic rainforest lodge with breathtaking panoramic views of Costa Rica’s famous Arenal Volcano and Lake Arenal. Guests will enjoy a casual and relaxed rustic lodge setting with the added value of a complimentary breakfast daily. Located on 2000-acres of beautiful tropical rainforest, the lodge is situated near Arenal Volcano National Park. The lodge is surrounded by rainforest - housing hundreds of exotic birds, small animals and the beautiful tropical flowers and trees of Costa Rica. and is its own local tourist attraction due to its exclusive location with breathtaking panoramic views of Arenal Volcano and Lake Arenal. The lodge features a full service restaurant with local and international cuisine, gift shop, three heated outdoor Jacuzzis, an infinite edge swimming pool, walking trails, a butterfly garden, horseback riding, a game room and outdoor playground for children, fitness room, sauna, and free wireless high speed internet access. Guest rooms and suites feature cable TV, telephone, coffee maker, clock radio, and all have private baths. Complimentary crib and wheel chair are available on request. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Arenal Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Arenal Lodge Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park