The tour company must get a heck of a deal sending people here. Yes it is serene because the drive there is a couple of miles of very windy, hilly, bumpy, brick road that is quite a pain to travel in the dark. The rooms were very dark with not enough lighting. It was a good sized room with a beautiful view, but the property is not well maintained. We were unable to close a couple of the windows, because there was no glass on a couple of the slates. On a chilly night we had to drape towels over them to keep the breeze out. There isnt heat or air conditioning, so hopefully the weather will be cooperative for you. If you like camping, this is a step up from that. Activities were good, the horse back riding-okay, the guided jungle walk, very good. Miquel was very knowledgeable The pool is lovely, but not heated. The hot tubs are not turned on unless you call and ask for them to be turned on. The people there are very nice and friendly. The wait staff were all very good and the food was also good. Breakfast on the weekends was buffet style. They do have a lot of wildlife there, a resident macaw, coatimundi, weasels, lots of birds, frogs, snakes. We saw wild pigs on the hillside where the horses were grazing. The best parts of the place is waking to the beautiful view of the volcano (weather permitting) and the excellent staff. The worst parts of the hotel are the disrepair of the buildings and the long windy, bumpy drive in and out of the property to go anywhere else. I would definitely choose a different hotel if I ever went back to this region.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Arenal Lodge provides guests with the excitement of staying in an authentic rainforest lodge with breathtaking panoramic views of Costa Rica’s famous Arenal Volcano and Lake Arenal. Guests will enjoy a casual and relaxed rustic lodge setting with the added value of a complimentary breakfast daily. Located on 2000-acres of beautiful tropical rainforest, the lodge is situated near Arenal Volcano National Park. The lodge is surrounded by rainforest - housing hundreds of exotic birds, small animals and the beautiful tropical flowers and trees of Costa Rica. and is its own local tourist attraction due to its exclusive location with breathtaking panoramic views of Arenal Volcano and Lake Arenal. The lodge features a full service restaurant with local and international cuisine, gift shop, three heated outdoor Jacuzzis, an infinite edge swimming pool, walking trails, a butterfly garden, horseback riding, a game room and outdoor playground for children, fitness room, sauna, and free wireless high speed internet access. Guest rooms and suites feature cable TV, telephone, coffee maker, clock radio, and all have private baths. Complimentary crib and wheel chair are available on request. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Arenal Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Arenal Lodge Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park