Arenal Lodge is at the top of the mountain directly in line with Arenal Volcano. We stayed 3 nights in one of the Chalets (106). It was a simple room with two beds, small kitchenette area with sink, microwave and fridge. The bathroom had a shower only, no tub. The room had a small hide-a-bed love seat and a couple of side chairs. The view from the Chalet was incredible! The sunrise was beautiful and the sunset even more spectacular. We spent a lot of “couple” time in the room enjoying cocktails, the view and each other’s company. The lodge is remote so it’s very safe; you don’t have to worry about anybody wandering in. The road/driveway is a little bumpy getting up to the lodge which other reviewers didn’t like but it didn’t bother us at all. It’s definitely not the kind of place you’re going to run in and out of several times in a day. When we left each morning we stayed out the entire day exploring. The staff was pleasant and accommodating (especially Rebecca!). Breakfast was included daily and consisted of made to order eggs (omelet) plus fruit, pancakes, sausage, cereal, yogurt, beans and rice, and toast. My husband absolutely loved the breakfast and stuffed himself each morning. We had dinner at the restaurant one night and it was very tasty. My husband had steak while I had spaghetti. The grounds are green and lush with wildlife all around. We loved our stay here and we plan to come back to Costa Rica and the Arenal Lodge. If you’re adventurous this is the place for you, if not, there are several “resort” type accommodations around this area and La Fortuna.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Arenal Lodge provides guests with the excitement of staying in an authentic rainforest lodge with breathtaking panoramic views of Costa Rica’s famous Arenal Volcano and Lake Arenal. Guests will enjoy a casual and relaxed rustic lodge setting with the added value of a complimentary breakfast daily. Located on 2000-acres of beautiful tropical rainforest, the lodge is situated near Arenal Volcano National Park. The lodge is surrounded by rainforest - housing hundreds of exotic birds, small animals and the beautiful tropical flowers and trees of Costa Rica. and is its own local tourist attraction due to its exclusive location with breathtaking panoramic views of Arenal Volcano and Lake Arenal. The lodge features a full service restaurant with local and international cuisine, gift shop, three heated outdoor Jacuzzis, an infinite edge swimming pool, walking trails, a butterfly garden, horseback riding, a game room and outdoor playground for children, fitness room, sauna, and free wireless high speed internet access. Guest rooms and suites feature cable TV, telephone, coffee maker, clock radio, and all have private baths. Complimentary crib and wheel chair are available on request. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Arenal Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Arenal Lodge Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park