“Delicious meal”

Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Delicious meal”
Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

We had diner here on our second night in La Fortuna. Restaurant is in downtown. The place is not fancy looking ( almost looks run down). But the food was incredible. I ordered the whole tilapia and my husband had the pepper steak . Everything was fresh, well seasoned and authentic. It is hard to find authentic Costa Rican dishes around tourist areas but this place really delivers. Definitely, visit this place for an authentic Costa Rican meal. You will find tons of locals dinning as well.

• Hebrew first
Minnesota
“Nice Steaks and Atmosphere”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

It doesn't look like much from the outside but this open air restaurant is well worth eating at. Located on the northwestern edge of town, it serves up good quality steaks. I wouldn't go so far as saying it was one of the best steaks I've ever had but it was still quite good. Not inexpensive but fairly priced. Very relaxed, laid back place.

“Best local food”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Great food! Best local food we had here! Service was top notch! Loved this place! This is a must while you are in La Fortuna! We had tilapia served whole, and chicharron! Both were great! Must stop here if you can! You won't regret it!

Fairfax, Virginia
“Great friendly service, excellent english, fresh beef specials”
Reviewed September 14, 2013

We stopped in, and had the tenderloin special for that day. We were there in low season but would expect this place could get crowded during high season. Everything as advertised, don't be afraid to ask for substitutions or variations. They were very accommodating for us and the table next to us.

Visited September 2013
New York City, New York
“Great food and great prices”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

I live in New York City and dine out all the time, eating some of the best food in the world. My boyfriend and I decided to give Novillito's a try while vacationing in Costa Rica since it was rated #1 in the La Fortuna area on Tripadvisor and we are glad we did. I had the non fat sirloin - medium rare, the steak was cooked to perfection...probably one of the best steaks I have eaten in a long time. My boyfriend had the filet w/ pepper sauce and also really enjoyed his meal. The service was amazing... casual vibe and great place to try local flavors. I highly recommend eating here. Our waiter, Walter, was the best - such a friendly restaurant and country. Enjoy!