“The lomito is great”

Cuisines: Steakhouse, Costa Rican, Grill
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I had the beef steak and it almost could be cut with a fork. I have to say Costa Rica has some of the best beef. My wife had the casado with fish. Perfect too.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

Novillito's was a delicious dining experience! If you go for no other reason, go for the ceviche which tasted fresh and zesty with the perfect combination of fish, lime, cilantro, and perfectly ripe avocado. It was my favorite part of the meal and I hope to go back one more time for the ceviche alone! My husband and I both ordered the specials (surf & turf and the cowboy steak) and both were very tasty. The tenderloin with the surf & turf was probably my least favorite because it was a little tough, but the cowboy steak was tender and the flavor was wonderful. The ambiance was also lovely and it felt local and homey to be in the same room as the kitchen. For better or worse, my young son was thrilled that a local cat was wandering around under our table. All in all, I recommend Novillito's highly!

Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

Nice local Restaurant wirh superb beef cuts.. Excelente seafood soup ...nice friendly honest service!!

Reviewed August 10, 2013

I was craving a steak dinner and had a great two here. We went back a second time. Not only was the steak delicious and a great value for what you get, but they bring this yummy pineapple heated with cinnamon for after. I'm going home to try to duplicate the pineapple desert.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

We went on TA reviews and we were not disappointed. We started with the mixed ceviche, and it was excellent. After I had the mushroom chicken with the potatoes and salad, but I didn't get the salad I got vegetables. Not a big deal. My husband order the pollo la plancha, and it was nice and light with great taste. We were quite full, but the waiter then brought us pineapple in rum and butter for dessert on the house. It was super tasty. I would highly suggest this restaurant to others.