“Good little spot family restaurant”
Review of Novillito's Steak House - CLOSED

Novillito's Steak House
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Costa Rican, Grill
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Clean.warm service.good food. Good ceviche.steak was a little overcooked to our liking but still overall,a very good option near town.

There are newer reviews for Novillito's Steak House

Reviewed February 18, 2013

We had a great experience here - and it is a very nice change from the typical sodas in the area, while still being authentically Costa Rican and with very good prices. One of us ordered the steak (the half size - I can't imagine how large the full size would have been because this was huge!) and the other ordered chicken, plus we had ceviche and chicharonnes (sp?) as appetizers. Everything was fabulous and we practically licked the plates clean! The service was wonderful - the waiter was eager to tell us where all of our food came from, gave us a little history on the area, and asked multiple times for our feedback. Our only feedback was: "Don't change anything!"

Reviewed February 13, 2013

we recently spent 10 days travelling in Costa Rica, having an amazing time. From a purely gastronomic point of view, we had the best culinary experience at Novillto's. The "soda" itself is nice, quiet and spotless, despite the fact that it is on the main road. the wooden furniture and décor is very simple and pleasant. It is a family business, they put great care in everything, from the service to the traditional recipes to the presentation of the food. needless to say, this is truly delicious. The young waiter was lovely, it answered all our questions describing all the dishes with a true passion for gastronomy and tradition. He even did his best to give us some touristic advice, asking his father back in the kitchen, to help out with our ill organized trip for the following day!
At Novillito's I've had a still unrivaled ceviche, my husband tried a local pork based dish. They brought us complimentary appetizers and a small banana dessert, everything was superfresh , wonderfully prepared and delicious. good portions.
If you are in the area, forget the tourist traps and the posh restaurants, THIS is a place that deserves 5 stars.

Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

Had dinner once here. Both had steak (normal and pepper steak) and they were both delicious! You get a lot of meat, too much for me too handle :)

Reviewed February 6, 2013 via mobile

I liked it here but nothing too special. Based on other reviews I was expecting a bit more but maybe I didn't order well. My husband and I both ordered grilled sea bass and enjoyed it but it was pretty oily and I think it was battered (ie. do not get if you are gluten free). I expected it to be cheaper. 2 sea bass orders, 1 bottle water, 1 margarita was about $50. The margarita was very strong so maybe that was the most expensive part. If I went back I'd get the filet mignon.