“liked this place”

New Brighton, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“liked this place”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Not a typical restaurant - more like eating in someone's front room. After so many hotel restaurants this was a refreshing change. Nice too to be able to choose anything from the menu - not many veggie options in other places. Enjoyed chatting with the owner over a beer. Good food. Great place.

• Visited August 2013

London, United Kingdom
“Vegeterian finally!”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

A welcomed break from the fried greasy crap you end up consuming every day in Costa Rica. Had an amazing smothie with local fruits, the guy from Pennslyvania who works there even gave me a shot of Noni berri for my stomach problems which seemed to do the trick. THey take their time to make great food, well worth the wait. Family Atmosphere

• Visited August 2012
Vancouver, Canada
“It was an okay place”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

I went there with 2 of my friends one night, because one of them is a vegetarian. The restaurant is not on the main strip so it was kinda hard to find. We were there on a week night and it was dead, as in, there were no customers. Anyways, the owner saw us and he turned on the lights. He was very nice and friendly and his wife is the cook. I ordered the pesto vegetarian pasta and it was basically just pasta with pesto sauce and some veggies and peas. I was expecting to have more veggies in my dish since it is vegetarian after all, but I only got a small handful of veggies. I got full mainly from the pasta and peas. It was $7. I dont think it was worth $7 at all since it was just mostly pasta and peas. I guess if you really want vegetarian food then come here, otherwise, I would go somewhere else to get a decent portion meal.

Visited April 2013
Portland, Oregon
“Beware”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

We drove around in circles trying to find the Tomato and gave up. The next day we tried again and finally found it. The food was nothing special and the owner, an expat American, seems disinterested in running a restaurant. When we told him about our quest to find his place he said the signs are confusing and will have to fix them...some day. The place is run down and caters to low - very low, end back packers. Beware the cats who have full range of the kitchen! We watched two boys repairing a bike on a dinner table...it wasn't cleaned. The owner sent a party of six away as he didn't seem to want to work - and we were the only customers. We are vegetarians and seek out and try to support veg-vegan establishments but this place gives them a bad rap. Wonder what the health inspector would have to say??

Visited March 2013
3 Thank peterylinda
“Flopping tomato!”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Adults say: the owner seemed to be completely out of it; the place was totally disorganized, cramped and haphazard. The food itself was no better - think processed cheese, slimy veggie ham and awful circa 1970's soy burgers. Given that the place has only two little tables, you'd think the owner could keep it together a bit better!

Kids say: the smoothie that was supposed to be mango-banana was really just banana, was not cold and was lumpy. He didn't even say sorry. The soy burger was disgustingly terrible and you should not go here!

• Visited April 2013