“Canopy Tour/Hot Springs”
Review of Eagle Tours

Eagle Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to Eagle ToursEagle Tours is a Travel Operator Agency located in the North Huetar Region of the country, specifically in La Fortuna town in San Carlos.We have more than ten years of experience with qualified professional guides in nature and volcanoes. We operate with small adventure groups in which families, friends, coworkers or simply feel the adventure of getting to know new friends.We have an insurance policy, tourist license number 866, our own transport fleet in order to give a better service and whats more important the security of the tourist.Our company slogan is "quality and honesty" together with personalized tourism.
La Fortuna de San Carlos, Costa Rica
“Canopy Tour/Hot Springs”
Reviewed June 6, 2012

We visited Eagle Tours inside La Choza Inn in La Fortuna after speaking with multiple companies throughout the town about doing several activities. We decided to go through Eagle Tours because it was highly recommended by Lonely Planet and the employees were very friendly and knowledgeable. We originally met a gentleman early in the morning who gave us information and told us to ask around and decide what tours would be best for us and so we came back that afternoon and met Karen who helped us book our tours for the following day.

We did the Ecoglide Canopy tour and Tarzan swing which was an incredible experience. The guides, equipment, and platforms were well-kept and the entire operation was very professional. They picked us up on time and we were dropped off about 2.5 hours later. That evening we signed up to go to a local hot spring for dinner. They told us that they recommended a lesser known and newer hot spring in the area because it was more private. When we arrived we didn't really think we would enjoy ourselves and so we were up front with Jesus (the gentleman that picked us up) and he called his manager and they offered us the option of refund or another hot spring in the area. Long-story short we had an incredible evening at another local hot spring and felt like we received everything that they promised. The service and flexibility was very appreciated and it was obvious that they were truly dedicated to ensuring that we had a great experience. We were very happy with our service and the experience with Eagle Tours and their employees.

Thank you Eagle Tours!

Visited June 2012

New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great experience!!!”
Reviewed March 9, 2012

Not sure what the previous review was talking about, he didnt go on the tour with Eagle Tours, it was with a different company, and Eagle Tours tells you up front they cant promise seeing animals as they cant control where animals will or will not be. This review is in connection with an update to my Hotel La Fortuna review.

Hotel La Fortuna was a great place to stay (female solo traveler). Nearby everything (walking distance) in La Fortuna downtown. The rooms are basic and if you are from NYC you will know how to not let the water overflow (just close the curtains all the way). I had a room without the volcano view and it was nice. It is a very eco friendly hotel and they are super nice. They make calls for you to make sure you get transportation from point A to point B. They use Eagle tours which I highly recommend (great service/friendly knowledgeable staff and a price you cant beat). This hotel is all about a great experience at an affordable price and they hit it right on the nail.

If you are staying here for a day I recommend the combo tour to get a taste of what you should check out the next time you come (tabacon hot springs is amazing and huge). Included in the combo tour is lunch (and dinner), I ate lunch at Racho Perlo or the Cascada (cant remember which one they took me to and I asked the hotel which one it was...its between those two) and it was amazing, best meal I had in Costa Rica (best dessert I had was at the hotsprings)!!! The tour includes the hanging bridge, waterfalls, hike around the volcano, and a choice of the hotsprings. The first two excursions are done in the morning and includes lunch, then they take you to your hotel for a hour break. Afterwards, they pick you up from the hotel and the last two parts are done. Both tour guides were extremely knowledgeable and point out a lot about the eco system, trees (which ones are edible, dangerous, cool, parasites, etc), animals, etc. I truly enjoyed myself.

I only stayed in Costa Rica for 6 days (and at this hotel for 2 nights) but I recommend at least 11 days to check out a few places

www.eagletours.net/
www.lafortunahotel.com/

Visited March 2012
1 Thank gescot1
Daniel S, Owner at Eagle Tours, responded to this review, April 26, 2012
Dear
gescot1

thank you for your comments, it help us get better every day
our tour combination is a new experience in the zone. include the hanging bridges, waterfall and the hike for the zone the Volcan Arenal and included lunch in the beatifull restaurant Rancho Perla and after the hike go to Tabacon Hot springs where attention is the better in La Fortuna.
eat is delicious and ours guide have full experience in all natural and diverse of Costa Rica.
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Avoid the Caño Negro Tour -- Very Disappointed”
Reviewed January 25, 2012

Eagle Tours is located inside La Choza Inn in La Fortuna. They provide a wide range of tours in the Arenal area. This review relates specifically to my negative experience on the Caño Negro Boat Tour. This tour did not visit the area advertised and, as a result, was a complete waste of the time and money ($55 each!).

The Caño Negro Wildlife Refuge is one of the best birding and wildlife spots in Costa Rica. Eagle Tours plays this up extensively in words and pictures on their website. The tour itself is unfortunately an unbelievable let down. Instead of a 3.5 hour tour of the wetlands of the Caño Negro, we got a 2 hour boat ride up the Rio Frio. This is a completely different habitat (i.e. not wetland) than the Caño Negro and has almost no wildlife. Furthermore, while our guides were very friendly and professional, they were not particularly knowledgable about the local wildlife beyond the most common species.

I realize that the sightings on any wildlife tour will vary from day to day and some days may be worse than others. However, on this trip I don't think there is any chance of seeing the type of wildlife that one would expect in the Caño Negro given that we didn't spend any time in the wetlands.

When I complained to the company after the fact they claimed they would provide a full refund. Unfortunately, three weeks later, it has become clear they have no intention of doing this. They are ignoring my emails and have not followed up despite me providing the information they requested two times. I will update this review accordingly if this changes in the future.

Note: we booked this trip through Eagle Tours, however is was run by Canoa Aventura so I hold both companies accountable for the false advertising.

Visited December 2011
Daniel S, Gerente at Eagle Tours, responded to this review, May 1, 2012
Dear
Matthew S

What happened with the tour that was what I realisaste explained below:

Tours are operated in Rio Frio this is because the best place to see aminals meet is the area that you were Caño Negro has an area of 9969 hectares

The site that you were a part of the park and is the best part because you can see more animals in the park, also in the pages of eagletours informs the people that will be operated in the Rio Frio and photos that appear on the page are the Rio Frio plus the price of $ 55 is for the tours exclusive, because in humedadeles can not go by boat is a canoe and is priced at $ 250 per person, then the price pay you for the tour is right.

Remember that our interest is always that tourists get the most out of travel and know the best places Costa Rica has to offer, with us on their side.