“Ride 'em Cowboy”

Anywhere Costa Rica - Day Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: From a safari float to a complete vacation we will help you make the most of your visit.
Reviewed March 13, 2014

We booked transportation with Anywhere Costa Rica from our hotel in Arenal to our hotel in Monteverde. It consisted of a van to Lake Arenal and a boat ride across the lake. We then were met by Sergio and the horses for a 2-3 hour ride along the lake to a little town. A van picked then picked us up for a the ride to Monteverde. They took care of all the luggage. Riding my horse was fabulous. I have ridden perhaps 3 times in my life and he had me galloping. Sergio was a blast. He lives in the area and gave us a great tour. Amazing views, great fun. I was smart to wear jeans. I would recommend this adventure. Be sure to ask for Sergio.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,242)
All reviews
in 24 reviews
"pura vida"
in 49 reviews

Reviewed March 12, 2014

The choices were overwhelming as we began planning our first trip to Costa Rica! After reviewing the Forums on Trip Advisor, I got in touch with Anywhere Costa Rica. Harold was great; he asked what things we were interested in, as well as our budget, and put together a plan. As we researched more on our own, we changed the plan several times and there was never any question or problem about the changes.

ACR booked all of our hotels and travel (except airline) for us. It was SO EASY. Everything went very smoothly---hotels expected us, drivers were always on time. We also booked two tours through them and they were very small groups (only 1 or 2 other couples) and the guides were very informative but fun.

I had an experience similar to the last poster jkagin! I have to RAVE about their service in this regard. I left a fairly expensive item in our first hotel. The staff at Cloud Forest Lodge in Monteverde, to their credit, contacted ACR to tell them. ACR called me, and made arrangements for pickup of the item in Monteverde and delivery to me at our next stop Arenal. I felt so lucky and grateful.

Seriously, if you are fretting over where to go/what to do/how to arrange it, just look at all the great information on their website and hand the planning over to them!

Reviewed March 9, 2014

I have to say, this is the best travel company I have encountered. I used Anywhere Cost Rica for transportation only. They were always on time, friendly and helpful, but the most extraordinary experience with them was when I lost my wallet. I had left it in a bathroom stall between our "jeep-boat-jeep" excursion to Monteverde. An hour and a half later, I noticed the wallet was missing. The driver sprung into action calling the company who contacted all 15 drivers involved. In the meantime, my boyfriend got online and chatted with another representative from the company. Two representatives were in touch with us for 4 straight hours trying to locate the wallet. To my amazement, they narrowed it down to two separate tourists at two different hotels who may have found the wallet in the stall. One of the tourists did indeed have my wallet and when I met with him to pick it up, all my money, credit cards, etc. were in tact! Had it not been for this travel company working with me tirelessly to do something that wasn't even part of their job, I would never have located my wallet in such record timing! I absolutely would use Anywhere Costa Rica again.

Reviewed March 7, 2014

Before travelling to CR, I research and found that Anywhere Costa Rica (ACR) would be able to organize our trip our way. Rafael was our contact at ACR and he was exceptional, quick email responses, able to live chat, answer all questions andmodify the trip as per my request. There were four of us. We visited San Jose, Arenal, Monteverde, and Jaco beach. Initially, I had booked hotels also with them but then decided to book on my own. We used ACR for internal transportation and organized tours in Arenal (nature walk, canopy walk, volcano, Baldi hot springs) and Monteverde (night walk, sky walk, ride and train). Drivers were very friendly, arrived on time (almost to the minute), cars were clean and comfortable. Guides were excellent and we could not have gotten any better service anywhere else.
Once again Rafael was great and I would highly recommend ACR for their Top Notch service.

See more reviews
Reviewed March 6, 2014

My husband and I travelled around Costa Rica for our honeymoon last month, and came across Anywhere Costa Rica online. Although we had already booked our accommodation, and knew our route, Anywhere Costa Rica still had loads to offer us.

As it was our honeymoon, and we wanted a stress-free trip, we decided to book shuttle buses between locations instead of hiring a car. We did lots of research into different shuttle providers online and found ACR to be the cheapest. So, we ended up booking all our internal transportation through them. They sent us a detailed itinerary, explaining what type of transport had been booked (some were private shuttles eg from our last port of call to the airport) and what time they would arrive. For every trip, the driver either arrived early or bang on time, and for one that was due to leave quite late in a day, we were able to rearrange it with no problem by making a quick call. All our drivers were super friendly and went out of their way to point out local highlights. One even stopped the shuttle en route to show us a sloth hiding at the side of the road!

As well as transportation, we booked a day tour of the Arenal volcano and Tabacon Hot Springs through ACR. Again, absolutely faultless service. Although we had problems booking online at first, we were able to connect with an agent via live chat, who soon corrected the issue and confirmed our booking.

If you're planning a trip to Costa Rica, we highly recommend using ACR. If only they had a presence in every country in the world!