“Great option for families”

Los Lagos Hot Springs
Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

This is a great option - There are lots if pools of varying temperatures and sizes, a swim up bar, water slides, and 3 pockets of smaller quieter more secluded and generally kid-free (romantic) pools further up the hill, which were mostly empty. There is also a restaurant but we didn't eat there, and a few animal exhibits eg crocodiles & butterflies.

We got a day pass ($15 for adults and our 3 year old was free). Towel & a locker was $3 + a security deposit.

It is not glamorous but it was a perfect all-round family option. We got to experience the hot springs and our 3 year old had an absolute blast on the smallest slide and in the lower pools with lots of other kids. We were there for about 3 hours but could have easily spent a lot longer.

There are newer reviews for Los Lagos Hot Springs

Reviewed January 5, 2014

My girlfriend and I did the evening package, which included a buffet dinner and access to the hot springs from like 5pm - 10pm (I don't remember the specific starting time) for $30/person.

The dinner was pretty good. My girlfriend is vegetarian and there weren't really any vegetarian main courses at the buffet, but she was happy with the salads and side. One pasta dish would go a long way. The cake desserts are just horrible, but the fruit is delicious.

The hot springs are very pretty and fun. There are a few slides and mini waterfalls, a swim up bar, and other neat features. However, the hot springs are man made and really just feel like heated pools. Unlike the natural hot springs, you just feel like your sitting in a heated pool. Which is nice, and worth the money.

So as long as you don't think you're going to get the same experience as in Tabacon, you'll enjoy yourself.

Reviewed December 23, 2013

For those comparing Los Lagos to the $300-$400 per night hot springs resorts, get over yourselves! This is a value priced resort that has all of the amenities, plus an excellent location and great service. Hot Springs, slides (a must for my 9 year old), butterfly/insect/frog/crocs exhibits, and the dogs Dookie & Collin and their equine friends at the Caballeriza are all excellent complements to the experience here.

I'm a Holiday Inn guy in the US, so if you're a fan of family amenities, fun, good service, and value then THIS is the place. If you have travelled all the way to Costa Rica to get "pampered" at the Four Seasons, then I am very sorry for you Amigo, you are missing it!

Definitely recommend staying here again.

1  Thank Rudy N
Reviewed December 21, 2013

We came here for the hot springs, but what we ended up liking more than that was the free animal exhibits they had. They had a butterfly garden, crocodiles, frogs, and an ant exhibit. (The ants were very cool-a really creative exhibit!)
This place is more water park than hot spring. There are water slides, and they have a 'regular' pool. The water slides are pretty crazy-extremely fast!
They have a buffet lunch, which is ok at best.
You have to pay for all drinks here, so it is a little cumbersome to have to deal with carrying money around. (Another hot spring we visited just let you run a tab.)
They have towels and lockers available for a charge.
When you arrive, you are given a map of the property, and it takes a minute to get the lay of the land. It is a pretty big place.
Many of the few lounge chairs they had available were broken. The bathroom was in need of some attention while we were there.
But all in all, we had a fun day. But if you are only going to one hot spring while you are in the area, I would check out other hot springs. This is more of a water park. If you don't have kids, you might want to check out other places.
If you want a more of an upbeat, rowdy experience, you will love it here. If you are comparing prices, you may want to note that every 'extra' here will cost you extra, where other places offer free lockers, towels, water, etc.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

My boyfriend and I went during "wet" season--we visited Los Lagos Hot springs after 1) going ziplining with Los Lagos and 2) hiking Cerro Chato. It was the BEST decision we ever made.

Now, we got in for *FREE* for choosing the go ziplining with Los Lagos (we signed up via our hotel, Casa Luna).
It was simple, clean, and had fairly priced drinks. That is all we needed to enjoy. Nothing fancy. I felt my belongings were safe there.

In my whole trip, I went to two hot springs. This one and Baldi. Simple, and cheaper drinks--Los Lagos. Baldi is for those who want a bit of a more fancy experience... and more pools. But honestly, they are hot springs... you can only stay in them for so long anyway. Keep this in mind.