“Pura Vida” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Original Arenal ATV

Original Arenal ATV
More attraction details
Owner description: Our adventure begins when we pick up each of our clients at their hotel in our Comfortable passenger van. Then we travel to our private farm located next to the volcano and National Park. Here You will be introduced to our profesional bi-lingual guide who will give you all the information you will need to to begin your adventure atop of your Quad. You will start out in open plans where you can warm up with your quad. Then quickly you will start your crazy ride through the tropical rain forest. This experiance you will never forget! Crazy turns, wild jumps and alot of adrenaline running though your body. And all the time you will experiance one of the natural wonders of the world. You will come to observation points where you can stop and take pictures to remember your adventure. Also you will come to natural rivers where you can stop and take some of the mud off from your crazy ride. Then you will begin your jurney back through the jungle. You will be on your quad for 2 1/2 hours, full of adrenaline and excitement. After you make your way back you can wash off, take a drink and talk with others about your crazy experiance. Then we will take you back to your destination where you can enjoy the rest of your vacation.
Boston, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Pura Vida”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2014

The Original ATV tour was awesome! My husband and I booked the morning tour at 8 am and were the only ones! Augustine was our guide and he was very fun and knowledgable. He gave us an amazing private tour and told us a lot of history of the area and pointed out animals along the way. His ability to spot monkeys is uncanny. He also let us go at the speed we wanted and let us play around a little. This was both our first time on an ATV and we had such a blast. It is safe and Augustine will help you out along the way if you get stuck. Def recommend!

Los Altos Hills, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Perfect rainy day activity in Arenal, Costa Rica”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2014

We chose Original Arenal ATV's as recommended by our hotel concierge and our Costa Rican guide. We went two times in one week because it was so much fun! The best time is in the rain because the ATV's are slippin' and slidin' while going very fast. It's such an adrenaline rush. We received an extra-special experience with our second guide, Enrique Guzman, and would ask for him by name when we go back. Our family had three people in their twenties plus mom and dad in their sixties - everyone had a great time! Go to this ATV company because it's all off-road and in the view of the magnificent Arenal volcano.
Original Arenal ATV's - Arriba Cinco!

Syracuse, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great fun!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2014

We had so much fun on this tour! I am not an experienced rider, but opted to drive by myself (was working with the "you only live once" theory). I was pretty nervous about it, but the staff here is great! My boyfriend, who is an experienced rider, would probably have preferred to kick it up a notch, but I'm guessing that they adjust their route based on how experienced the group is because I didn't have too much difficulty.

Our guide was Augustine. He was extremely personable and very professional. He made sure to talk personally to everyone in our group and did a great job making sure we didn't lose anyone along the way. He was very knowledgeable about the area and we stopped a few times so that he could point things out that we might never have noticed on our own.

We also enjoyed an employee named Reuben. He was working at the counter the day we rode, but we had the pleasure of meeting him the evening before and were very impressed. The entire staff is kind, friendly and welcoming.

I would highly recommend this tour (followed by a nice soak in the hot springs!)

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Great time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

So much fun, Agustin our tour guide, friendly, and informative. Felt safe, I rode w my husband comfortably. I was able to take in the views while he drove around. I was able to take my nice camera and snap away. There was no room for my bulky backpack, so I had to leave it in the van. The ATVs do not go that fast so it's not an "off leash" adventure. Little tip... Sun block and bug spray prior, wear something u do not mind getting a bit muddy, don't forget sunglasses (u will be eating some dust from the ATV ahead.) Overall we would recommend.

Atlanta, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Thrilling But Safe Ride”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2014

My wife and I took our 11 and 8 year old on this tour. We researched various tours, but kept coming back to this one. From the moment we were picked up at the hotel until we were dropped off, we had a great time. Augustin was our tour guide and he simply is fantastic. He was great with our two kids and even allowed both of our kids to ride with him for part of the tour. We always felt we were in good and safe hands during the 2 hour tour, but Augustin also allowed the participants to enjoy the ride. Augustine showed us various cool things along the way, including 6 or so Howler monkies, but the highlight of the tour was when he spotted a 9-10 foot Oriole Snake from quite a distance and quickly stopped and jumped out and captured it so he could show us and teach us about the snake. It was a thrilling part of the trip. We highly recommend this ATV tour for anybody in the Arenal area.

1 Thank YellowJacket1995