“Delicious food”

El Novillo del Arenal
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Central American, Costa Rican, Latin
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
USA
“Delicious food”
Reviewed July 8, 2014

we found this place on our way back to the Arenal lodge. Even though it says steak house there were many vegetarian dishes.
Sitting ambiance is nice and if you go in day time you have volcano view, we went for dinner.
The fruit drinks are great and so are appetizers.
The main course of fajita's and fried rice was great
The food presentation and preparation is very good.Surely try it out you wont be disappointed.

Visited July 2014

Atlanta, Georgia
“I wish I could undo this meal”
Reviewed June 2, 2014

My wife and I ordered different steaks with different sauces but received the same vile, poorly cooked steak and sauce. The gray sauce reminded me of high school cafeteria sauce on "mystery meat". I am not a foodie and rarely push away food. Yet, this was the worst meal for the money I've ever tried to eat...seriously. I've worked many years in the restaurant business and give a lot of leeway but this meal was unacceptable. Try Lava Rocks or Don Ruffino's instead. Both are fantastic.

• Visited June 2014
Charlotte, NC
“Tough steak, amazing chicken”
Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

I cannot testify to prices our value because we came here as part of a tour group. The tour company prepaid the meals.
Having said that, we came as a group of around 40, which can be challenging to any staff, but they were very efficient considering.
For starters, I had the salad, which was okay, while my girlfriend had the tomato soup, which was really good.
For the main course, I had the chicken cutlets/fillets. Amazing. The portions were sufficient, the meat was tender and succulent, and dude dishes were good. She had the steak (medium rare) and it was tougher than expected. We heard the same comment from the couple sitting across the table from us (who had it medium well) do we assumed it's just the cut of meat itself.
Desert wad ice cream on pineapple. We were to full to enjoy, but the ice cream hit the spot, while the pineapple was fresh. I would eat here again.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Great option to Tabacon”
Reviewed May 26, 2014

My fiance and I ate here twice because it is within walking distance of Tabacon. The restaurant has good service and an amazing view of the volcano. The fajitas, arroz con pollo, and pork chop with tequila/orange sauce were all very good. Portion sizes were large and a good value. Two entrees and a beer cost $22.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Amy T
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent service, good steak, great price”
Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

Good steak , excellent service and great price.
Nice tour to the bird nests in the property by the waiter.
This is a good choice