“Very fun pre-dinner activity!”

Reno's International Mini Golf & Amusement Center
Reviewed March 23, 2014

My husband and I absolutely love miniature golf and always seek out a course whenever we are on vacation. We stopped by Reno's before dinner in downtown La Fortuna one night. As the website states, right now they are only open at night (5pm and after) and the course is USD 12/pp (cash only). We were the only people at the course during the hour or so it took us to play. We had a blast playing this one-of-a-kind course and taking pictures all along the way. The course is definitely quite challenging and has a high par. We would absolutely recommend stopping by and playing a round one night while in La Fortuna!

2  Thank hfritzinger

Reviewed March 22, 2014

We played over Spring Break & no one else was on the course. Kids really wanted to play and price was a little high $12 vs. states $6 a head but we played anyway. The holes with different countries theme was great and well thought out. We had fun but didn't like that some of the holes didn't have grass for the entire space but sand on the sides.

NEWYORKFRANK99, Owner at Reno's International Mini Golf & Amusement Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2014

Nice family
I remember the family from TEXAS.At the time they played they DID have the course to themselves,and when that happens it easy to remember things..I remember the kids telling the parents they had fun and the father,the most reluctant of the group, singing at one of our holes..You also have to remember that comparing a computerized ,motorized ELECTRONIC course to a concrete kiddie PUTT PUTT.would be like comparing the price of a MOUNTAIN BIKE to TRICYCLE! Go into a store and ask for 4lbs of concrete and a 4 lb computer and the difference would be more than $6..even in AUSTIN..
I thank the mom for saying it was family fun..in today's day and age, COMPUTERS deliver more fun than grass..the kind that cows eat .no pun intended lol

Reviewed February 15, 2014

Balls pop out easily wasn't what we were thinking. Owner wants out but is stuck with a flop. Might be the reason for $12/player?!

1  Thank ryan_morgan86
NEWYORKFRANK99, Owner at Reno's International Mini Golf & Amusement Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2014

confusing review
Don't know what "balls pop out "means.."Flops" don't win 2 awards on trip advisor and $12 is NOT alot to thousands of Costa Ricans who played,paid and DIDN'T complain about the price..and last time i looked they earned EVEN LESS than people from Calgary. Canada....

Reviewed February 10, 2014

Grab a bite and a few cocktails in La Fortuna, then head to Reno's mini golf for some silly fun.

This is not your traditional mini golf course. Then again, you're not in suburban America. Reno has created a very unique mini golf course that blends challenging courses (some very) with world themes and interactivity that culminates in the area's ONLY erupting volcano.

The course is also housed under a huge roof. So it keeps you out of the sun/rain.

2  Thank chadwick52
See more reviews
Reviewed October 16, 2013

My husband and I went here while we were staying in Arenal, and I have to scratch my head at this place.

It's over-priced, and the holes are all based on different places (cities, countries, even continents). The one for Africa, with the monkey and kidnapped woman, was quite racist and my husband and I just shook our heads in dismay. Also, the one for Mexico was a slumped-over sleeping man in a poncho holding an empty liquor bottle.

The holes themselves were obviously constructed in love, but by someone who knows nothing about golf or putt-putt. Most consisted of sharp angles where you couldn't possibly hit it in the hole in one, or even two shots.

There were fun songs and audio effects that were triggered by movement, usually at the beginning of the hole, which was a cool design touch by the owner. Like I said before, you can tell he put lots of love into this place, but it is still totally bizarre. I would not recommend this activity.

(A note: the best part of the whole adventure was the Costa Rican employee who would suggest ways to hit the ball, and also ushered us around to the holes. I didn't get his name, but he was a hard worker and you could tell he loved his job.)

NEWYORKFRANK99, Owner at Reno's International Mini Golf & Amusement Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2013

IS THIS REALLY REALITY?
It's been low season for over a month here in Costa Rica..and while this reviewer recently posted her review mentioning my employee i figured out that IF she did indeed play, and i lay off all employees
and work the golf by myself during low season,she had to have been there OVER a month ago..
In HIGH season..Hotels raise their prices as much as $200 dollars or more..We raise it $3..got to pay employees you know..Here's what you don't know..ACCUSATIONS OF KIDNAPPING RACISM and other slurs would be LIABLE if she was in this country, and are the result of a "special" perception and a failing memory.. Let's start with the "kidnapping" slur..Unfortunately she did not take a picture of our African hole but FORTUNATELY..2 other reviewers did! take a look at those photos and tell me if you see anyone bound gagged and kidnapped?Is it even POSSIBLE to kidnap some without taking them from their home?racism?Should the women or the gorilla be white? yes gorilla 6ft tall..but by her recollection a monkey..Now let test her description of the photo she DID post..do you see the Mexican HOLDING anything?and yes that is a bottle of tequila but most people KNOW that tequila was invented in Mexico..and that they are also famous for their past and present use of sombreros ponchos and something called a SIESTA ! I have Swiss cheese at the Switzerland hole doesn't mean i call the swiss cheese eaters!She was correct about 2 things ..YES IT WAS MADE WITH LOVE AND NOT THE HATE SHE READ INTO IT..and YES my employee loves his job.. he getsto watch people sing dance AND LAUGH all day.long something i might add is not IN ANY OTHER mini golfs that ever heard of,,speaking of which when a hole has a 3 min song it's going to be a par 4or5..does it make sense to make it a hole in one shot where the player is going to be gone before the artist can sing a second sentence?As for the employee trying to instruct her on her playing,he was probably trying to point out that by rule ANYTIME A BALL IS LESS THAN THE CLUBS LENGTH YOU ARE PERMITTED TO MOVE SAID BALL THE DISTANCE OF THE LENGTH OF THE CLUB ! This take you out of bad positions you put YOURSELF in! This rule POSTED is in every mini golf AND TWICE in two languages at ours..KIDDIE PUT PUTS MADE for 4 year olds have 18 possible holes in one..ours has only 4
We do not recommend our course to children under 7 or those that don't know the difference between a monkey and a gorilla..don't let this reviewer make a monkey out of you!