“Fantastic night”

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Fantastic night”
Reviewed July 18, 2012

I've been meaning to write this for some time.

My Girlfriend and I went to Reno's later at night and found it to be closed. We were disappointed and a man saw us, told us it was closed, asked us if we wanted to play anyway. Turned out it was the owner Frank.

So my GF and I got the entire course to ourselves for the next hour or so. Cracked a couple beers and dove into a course with more character than any I've ever played.

Yes it's hard. But you can't help but smile the entire time you play. I don't want to spoil any of the attractions but I must say it's definitely worth your time and money.

We hung around after and spoke with Frank about his story, vision and the interesting way Ticos do business. It was by far one of our favourite nights in Arenal.

Visited April 2012
1 Thank sevenpoint

asdf
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Dedicated to fun”
Reviewed July 14, 2012

Got back from Fortuna about a week ago and I just had to come on and review this minigolf center. The place is owned by a guy named Frank, who is an extremely dedicated man who's proud of this unique 18-hole course that he hand-made. The course is plenty of fun for what it is, just be sure not to take the game too seriously and you'll get a kick out of all the sound effects and makeshift animatronics. If Frank is around, be sure to shake his hand and let him know what you liked or didn't like about the course. I get the strong hunch that he'll listen very closely to your feedback, and the odds are he'd implement it in some way.

I also wanted to note two more things. First, and the only negative thing I could say, is that the walls of each course are quite low so you can expect to hit the ball off the course a few times. And second, a positive note, while my brother and I were a few holes into our game, a worker came by and offered us beer or cola, which was perfectly welcome in the hot Costa Rican weather. Just a simple, personal touch that put the icing on top of our great visit to Reno's minigolf.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank akjgqsdtm
, Owner at Reno's International Mini Golf & Amusement Center, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Thank you for your kind review! The reason for the low walls in some places is that people werre triping over the higher walls, and hitting the balls even harder , sometimes into another shot or person!! so it was a safety issue.. same thing with the windmill in holland..it used to cover the hole as it turned but people were running so fast to see if they made a hole in one that they were running into the windmill "fan" because they didn't realize how long it was!they say life imitates art..well sometimes art has to imitate life! but again THANK YOU SO MUCH for you KIND REVIEW
ALL THE BEST TO YOU AND YOUR BROTHER
FRANK
Alameda, California
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 77 helpful votes
“Great way to waste time in sun or rain”
Reviewed July 12, 2012

We had some time to spare so popped in. 18 holes in a covered venue. Perfect for a rainy day. The course is ‘around the world”. Decently designed layout, each hole has some kind of sound effect or feature. Biggest stopper her is price $12 a person! Seemed REALLY expensive, more than even playing back in the states! In the end we played all 18 pretty quickly, but it was a perfect way to kill an extra hour.

PA
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Hmmm”
Reviewed July 10, 2012

We were met by the owner on arrival (nice man) who hyped up his "state of the art" attraction. It looked a little shabby from the entrance, but I was in a good mood from some nice cocktails at the Peruvian restaurant next door, so we took his word for it and parted with $50 for a foursome.

It was just as shabby on the inside. Poorly painted plywood models, distorted music playing through car stereo speakers duct-taped to the scenery, the river didn't have any water in it, and the state of the art technology consists of a motion sensor at the beginning of each hole.

It was pretty poor, but I have to admit that we had a great time precisely because it was so cheesy. So I guess everyone went home happy.

Visited June 2012
NEWYORKFRANK99, Owner at Reno's International Mini Golf & Amusement Center, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
I'd like if i may CORRECT a few "inacuracies" if i may...1) you parted with$48 dollars for your foursome2)There are no CAR speakers but mp3 players and memory cards with timers transistors, transmissions that make the animals move and a bunch of other techical stuff tthat only my inventors , and electricans could explain3)you must have missed the HAND CARVERD WOODEN gondola, panda, kangoroo the volcaneo eruption complete with lights and smoke or the siren and light on the hockey player...and finally, BARTENDER i'll have what he's having! lol thank you so much, at LEAST you REMEMBERED you had a GREAT TIME!
FRANK
Berlin, Germany
“Don't forget to check out!!”
Reviewed June 28, 2012

Wanna do something different? Something cheap, worth it's money and most of all: FUN!? Then check out Reno's Minigolf very close to La Fortuna!
18 holes, 18 countries, 1000 details - and it keeps improving all the time!! $12 worth spending - we had 2 hours of pure fun!! :-)