“best place in La Fortuna”

Paradise Adventures Costa Rica
More attraction details
Owner description: PACR is one of Costa Rica's top rated Adventure Experts providing visitors with first hand travel advice and recommendation, creating tailored vacations filled with memories that last a lifetime. family owned and operated, Wife Sofia, Daughter Valentina and Jonathan Together we use our skills and experience to represent and preserve the local cultures, insuring vacationers discover the true Costa Rican charm. Our expertise, passion, respect for Costa Ricans, positive vibe and one of a kind services guarantee you or your group a visit to Costa Rica unlike any other. Paradise Adventures Costa Rica is here to insure our new friends a comfortable and safe journey while visiting La Fortuna and the many other amazing locations found throughout Costa Rica. The PACR crew awaits the opportunity to meet like-minded people looking to discover the authentic, less commercialized Costa Rica; experience the Magic with us today.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children
Reviewed November 13, 2012

thanks Johnny.. u made my stay in La Fortuna one i will always remeber.. hooked us up with some aweome trips and just chillin at ur places eating pizza and a few cold ones was great.. have a good one see u again in april

Reviewed October 27, 2012

It warms my heart to see how many amazing reviews Johnny and Sophia have racked up on here! They totally deserve it. My husband and I have been traveling in CR for our honeymoon and were staying at Las Cabinas Cataratas next door and affiliated with Paradise Adventures. After talking to a shady/overly slick man at a booking company downtown, we weren't feeling 100% sold on the info we had learned there so we thought we'd take a peek in to see what this place had to offer. So glad we did! They helped us book two amazing adventures (zip lining+horseback riding & rafting+organic farm), told us about the free hot springs in town and saved us money on a tour to do that (!!!) and then gave us all kinds of great recommendations for our next stop in Manuel Antonio which we are still checking out. We so fell in love with this family that we ended up giving Sophia and little Valentina a ride to San Jose en route to our next stop. We feel lucky to have met these folks, and my only suggestion to them is promote yourselves MORE (we can't imagine our trip without you and we almost didn't stop in!), and maybe put your name outside of the place too! Felix and the crew at Las Cabinas are lucky to have them next door. They are warm and REAL.

1  Thank Sarah W
JonnyTee, Owner at Paradise Adventures Costa Rica, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2012

Your review warms ours, glad you visited PACR and thanks for the advice on more signage, I have already started…
PACR is a small family business doing our part to insure visitors to Costa Rica enjoy themselves, we can accommodate all types of travelers, students, backpackers, families, seniors, large groups of any size and love birds like yourself. Costa Rica is a great place to get married and spend the honeymoon, filled with a variety of accommodation, amenities and adventures to create memories that will last a lifetime; glad we were a part of yours, Pura Vida, Siempre, PACR

Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

Seems like wakeboarding Lake Arenal is one of La Fortuna's best kept secrets. I couldn't have asked for a better captain and wakeboarding coach; Johnny offered to let me keep riding until my arms fell off, which they almost did. Super professional (despite the lack of advertising for these guys in town), and super high quality equipment. Boat was great, board was great... overall the experience was just, in a word: great. If you're in the Volcano area, hit up wakeboardcr.com - you won't regret it. Good water!!!

Slowly but surely, even if it’s one person at a time, PACR will reveal this wakeboarding bliss we know as Lake Arenal, your review and others are a huge aid in doing so, thanks again. Hope you are safe after Tropical Storm Sandy, you could always jump on a plane and return to paradise for more wakeboarding.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

My girlfriend and I just returned from an awesome trip to Costa Rica. As we were walking back to our hotel from town on our first full day there, we came upon a very cool looking wooden shack with wakeboards and a hammock outside. Curious about the prices of tours/activities in the area (that we hadn't already booked through our hotel), we stumbled in. Out came a seemingly well-presented, calm, collected, cool dude who introduced himself as Jonny. After a brief moment of conversation, it was quite clear that this was one of our people. What to say about PACR...

It's no coincidence we clicked with Jonny and his wife Sofia. They both were very interested in connecting with people and sharing their knowledge of the area. They both are very passionate about where they live and talking about positivity. Did I mention they have an adorable little girl by the name of Valentina?

Beyond our personal experience with them, we also found out that it's clearly in Jonny's interest as a business man NOT to make money, but rather help people get the most enjoyable experience of their life.

In summary, we made some really good friends far away from home, and down the line when we end up in Costa Rica again, we'll be sure to stop in at Jonny, Sofia and Valentina's place.

JonnyTee, Owner at Paradise Adventures Costa Rica, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2012

Mi Casa Su Casa bro...
Making money is the result of our genuine advice, not the motivating factor, every day we rise to another day in Paradise putting out good vibes so people like yourselves stumble in, giving Valentina, Sofia and I the opportunity to share the magic of La Fortuna and the Pura Vida way.
Thank you, we will be here during your next visit to La Fortuna, stumble in for another dose anytime.

Reviewed October 6, 2012

There is a reason Costa is considered the "happiest place on earth" and PACR showed me exactly why. 1) I didn't feel like I was away from my family and friends, PACR makes you feel like family and shows you step by step the pura vita way of life. 2) I love wakeboarding, and PACR gave me one of the absolute best wake experiences I've ever had in the world (and trust me, wakeboarding has taken me all over the planet.) The experience of shredding absolute glass at the base of a real volcano was second to none. You can't put a price tag on something like that. And 3) I've always tried to live my life to the motto carpe diem/ you only live once, and I just don't see how anyone could consider their lives a complete success in experiencing everything the world has to offer without taking the PACR tour. It is truely an experience you will forever treasure for now and the rest of your life.

JonnyTee, Owner at Paradise Adventures Costa Rica, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

Paradise Adventures Costa Rica is here so visitors can find that familiar ground, family, friends, English, Spanish, honesty…The Pura Vida way is the only way we know, it’s what made me relocate to Paradise and reminds me every day that it was the right choice, the opportunity to use our experience and knowledge so others can discover this is the ultimate goal. Your feedback on wakeboarding Lake Arenal with Paradise Adventures Costa Rica is totally appreciated. I have shared the reason why wakeboarding and wakeskating with PACR is one of the most unique adventures available in La Fortuna and the message has more of an impact when heard from others, especially people who have had wakeboarded throughout. We welcome you back anytime bro, keep in touch.