My boyfriend and I stayed here for 5 nights and had the best stay.
The hosts: David, Jorge and Cecilia made us feel like family. They never made anything feel like a hassle and always made sure we were having a great stay. Cecilia saw that we were soaked from our white water rafting trip and offered to put our runners in the dryer and also washed our clothes. David picked coconuts and gave them to all the guests to drink (the best coconut water EVER!!) and helped us book all our trips at a discount (vs. paying the companies). Jorge drove us to the Baldi hot springs since he so happened to be free. We adore this family and miss them very much :)
- The hotel is very clean and the villa we stayed in was very spacious. We loved having a kitchen to make breakfast in the morning (helped save $$ as food in Arenal definitely was not particularly cheap). The beds were comfortable too.
- Lots of seating area around the pool to help you unwind. Lots of hammocks too!
- There is a grocery store right next door and two little restaurants across the way.
- The hotel is a good 20 minute walk into town and it's a bit of a trek, especially at night when there's not a lot of light. Luckily the taxi ride is only $3USD.
Tips for Arenal:
- Mostly cash based society. If you book activities with the hotel, make sure you bring USD. The activities average $70-$100USD/day per person. We especially enjoyed the white water rafting and waterfall rappelling adventures.
- A car would have been nice to get into and back from town, but given the cost of a car rental, we were pretty happy to just walk/take a taxi when needed. All the tours generally include transportation anyways so don't think a car is particularly necessary.
Thank you David, Jorge and Cecilia for a truly wonderful stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This cozy family hotel offers the perfect combination of personalized service and comfort in one of the most beautiful areas in Costa Rica.We have 7 rooms equipped with different features to satisfy all your needs. In addition, it is perfectly located near the spring waters and Arenal Lake so you can live the most unforgettable times.You are going to enjoy the most spectacular view of Arenal volcano which amazes and thrills whoever looks at it. It is just the powerful grandness of nature.gps:10.46852,-84.66245Besides, you will have the chance to choose from our diverse list of tours in our tour office located in our lobby. Nature lovers will know that Hotel Bijagua is the best choice. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Hotel Bijagua reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Bijagua Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park