“Delicious Costa Rican Comida”
Review of El jardin - CLOSED

El jardin
Cuisines: Central American
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Highly recommended for well made Costa Rican food. The best Arroz con Pollo or Arroz con Camarones I've had in Costa Rica. The ceviche, guacamole, and black bean dip were also very tasty.

We had the opportunity to eat here twice. The service was prompt and helpful - the small cajetas de coco after dinner were a nice touch; the second time they gave us a chocolate covered guava treat with our check.

There was a local feel to the restaurant which is always nice. The restaurant was recommended by a local as having some of the best food.

Reviewed June 26, 2012

I ate pasta here last week. I wish that I could remember the name of my dish. This seems to be a popular handout spot. The taxi drivers recommend this place to tourists. The waiter was nice. Average restaurant.

Reviewed June 11, 2012

Our hotel recommended this one after we asked about Don Rufino's (which he said was good but expensive). This was such a good alternative. Over the course of two meals we had the shrimp w/ rice (best I had during our trip), pizza, salad, casado and ceviche. My fiance ate ceviche everywhere we went and this was among the best. He said the fish on the casado plate was delicious too. It is completely affordable and though you may poo-poo my pizza order (it was late, I was tired), that was actually decent as well. The gentleman that waited on us was very friendly and attentive. We wandered around in the pouring rain one night looking for a place from Rough Guide that we could never find and ended up back at El Jardin but that was quite alright with me. Great food, good value, easy 5!

Reviewed June 5, 2012

When we first came upon the restaurant it did not look like anything special. Much to our surprise, it was actually a very nice restaurant. The service was excellent, the waiter was super nice and helpful, and the food was great for the prices. There were plenty of options to choose from (not just comida tipica), I got a steak and my cousin got a pizza. I would definitely recommend this place if you want to spend dinner at an affordable restaurant with a great atmosphere.

Reviewed May 27, 2012

We asked a shop keeper where we should have lunch and he recommended El Jardin. There was no one in the place and we got confused over the menu and were with tired and finicky kids, so the first visit we just ordered sangria and frescas. The sangria was excellent, and the waitress confirmed they did serve calamari, though we left without ordering anything to eat. We went up the block to another place where there were more people (and children) eating and had a mediocre meal. The next day, we returned to El Jardin for the great Sangria and ordered ceviche, calamari, and chicken and rice. Everything and everyone was excellent! Again, there weren't many if any other diners there, and I have no idea why. The food and Sangria were excellent, and my husband was pleased for the price we paid, so lucky us to have had the place to ourselves.

2  Thank 4tickets2travel