“Well cooked "typico" food”
Review of El jardin - CLOSED

El jardin
Cuisines: Central American
Reviewed March 30, 2012

I cook for a living in nyc. This was much better than average CR food. Its welcoming to tourists but not "for" tourists. Beef was leaner than American beef but well cooked to temp. we were the only non cr in evidence @ 8 on a Friday. very happy.

Reviewed March 28, 2012

Drinks and service were great. We loved the people. The food was drenched in better, but somehow had no taste.

Reviewed March 8, 2012

I ate there two times and both were good with reasonable prices and tasty CR food. I especially like the fact the the locals ate there as well. They have decent snacks too such as the mexicana which really hit the spot for a light lunch (the frijoles and the guacamole and salsa with chips). Dinners a re reasonable and come with a mix of fresh vegetables, ubiquitous mashed potatos. I ate the corvina which was very tasty. Reasonab;y priced for CR

Reviewed March 7, 2012

We wandered in for lunch because the bar was busy with local guys hanging out on a weekend afternoon. I had an excellent chicken soup and my husband had a perfectly-cooked piece of tilapia. I was kind of surprised the food was so good.

Reviewed January 21, 2012

For our appetizer we had the chef's special of ceviche al coco and I ordered a fish plate and my husband ordered the fajitas, Costa Rican style, for our entre. The food was excellent and the Ceviche Al Coco was not only excellent but very unique. I've traveled through various latin countries and communities in south and central america and this is the first coconut styled ceviche I've had. Also the restaurant is not swamped with westerners or tourists. This particular night we were the only tourists in the whole place. It is definitely a local hang out with excellent food. We had eaten at Visquez the night before because it was so highly rated and it was all tourists, no locals except the staff and atmosphere had a definite slop the casado together and serve it. We specifically picked Jardin this night because it was clean, many locals and had a good vibe. we enjoyed each dish and would be happy to go back again!