“A great way to experience a piece of Costa Rica”
Review of Alberto's Horses

Alberto's Horses
More attraction details
Owner description: We have a tour at 8:30 in the morning or at 1:30 in the afternoon. We have the tour to La Fortuna waterfall. The tour consists of a one hour ride through pastures and farmland. Then we venture into the jungle were we cross a river and proceed up the mountain to the waterfall Rio Fortuna. There you may swim for approximately one hour after we return down the mountain to our farm. The tour is around 3 or 4 hours. You are going to need long pants, good shoes, a bathing suit and towel, along with anything else you feel necessary. At the end of the tour we will be at our house waiting with a delicious organic chicken barbecue with natural juice $80 per person.
Reviewed April 2, 2014

My husband and I had scheduled our tour on a day that ended up in pouring rain. Alberto was kind enough to reschedule us for a later day in the week. Our guide, Edson, was wonderful. Because my husband and I were the only ones scheduled, we received a sort of private tour. Edson was very knowledgeable about the area and was able to answer all of our questions. Once at the waterfall he even took pictures of me and my husband swimming, as well as stopping on the way back to take pics of us with the horses. He stopped at one point on the tour to find a Blue Jean frog for us to see. Some advice for the waterfall: wear long pants to ride the horses, but pack shorts in addition to your bathing suit. The changing area is at the top of the 500 stairs, so you change before you walk down. We took aqua shoes which was a good move because the water is surrounded by big slippery rocks and getting into the water can be a bit tricky. It's very cold, but you get used to it after a minute or so in the water.

2  Thank lauriehendrix
There are newer reviews for Alberto's Horses

Reviewed March 31, 2014

This was out first big day in the La Fortuna area. Alberto's horses did not disappoint. Alberto and the guides are very friendly. One of our guides, Frazier, even email me several photos he took of me and my family! Thank you Frazer! The ride was fun, but we were ready to jump off the horses into the water fall...not that easy. It was a long walk down, but totally worth the experience. Just wear sturdy shoes! The falls were cold and very refreshing. It was amazing how powerful the falls were. Very little ones shouldn't go in, but there is another beautiful calm place for them to swim. The hike back up was little exhausting, but great exercise! Our butts were really hurting the next day when we went white water rafting. I recommend taking a break between the two! can't wait to revisit Costa Rica and Alberts horses! One of the best trips ever!

Reviewed March 27, 2014

My husband and I read a lot of great things about Alberto's Horse Tours--and they were all correct! There were six of us traveling together in Costa Rica and we were all able to do this wonderful trip together. Alberto was very responsive with email on TripAdvisor. The place was very easy to find too. The horses were great, well behaved, and Alberto gave some great tour advice on the country, the horses and more. Halfway through we stopped at this BEAUTIFUL waterfall (probably my favorite part of the trip) to hike down to and swim (so bring your bathing suit!). It was breathtaking. Alberto then offered to take some pictures for us and watched our stuff while we were at the waterfall. My husband also lost his sunglasses somewhere on the tour...we couldn't find them but asked if we could stop back after the second tour (we were the first of the day). Alberto had found them for us and kindly kept them safe for when we returned.

A fun great experience for all!

Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

The tour we took was good, but not what i expected. Theproprietor was very nice and friendly. With a horseback ride to waterfalls, i was expecting to spend most of my time in the rainforest. Instead, we crossed through mostly farm fields and took the roads. You could have gotten the same experience without a sore butt by just driving to the waterfall.

1  Thank Gofkat28
Reviewed March 18, 2014

A favorite of our family. Kids ages 14,12 and 8 all loved it. Horses fantastic, well trained and docile. The hike to the waterfall was well worth it for an amazing swim at the base of the waterfall. Great memory. Thanks to Alberto and his son Edson.

1  Thank Pam W