“Authentic, charming, excellent”
Review of Benedictus Steak House - CLOSED

Benedictus Steak House
Cuisines: International
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Private Dining, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Benedictus is located in a volcano slope with a unique view of the valley o La Palma de la Fortuna and Monterrey.The restaurant its a beautiful wood building surrounded by pasture land and primary forest overlooking the valley.The lamb, cattle, pork and chicken we serve are breaded free range in the farm and we bring the vegetables from Tapezco a little town two hours away from Fortuna, where Mr. Juan Jose Paniagua, a Pioner in the organic agriculture in Costa Rica, produce the best organic vegetables. We are 800 metros away of the main road that link La Fortuna with the Arenal Lake. The gate its just in Front of the Volcano Lodge Hotel.
Reviewed April 28, 2014

Pricey but perfect! Definitely recommend taking a night off the resort and taking a cab to this converted swiss-chalet style farmhouse. Gorgeous views, great food and wine, terrific service.

1  Thank Kale M

Reviewed April 27, 2014

My wife and kids were there tonight for a treat.
Good to have to drive away up in the mountain to reach this nice place. Nice welcome. We booked for 5, "our" table was ready but for 4 guests only although we booked for 5. We were served quite fast but my wife did not have cutlery, the waiter had forgotten my side order of salad (which he brought after we reminded him), and never brought the glass of wine we ordered. Meat was well cooked and tasty. Pasta and hamberger for kids were ok. Total equivalent to USD 95 (so food only, no drinks). Bit overpriced in my opinion, and service to improve.

2  Thank afderoide
Reviewed April 23, 2014

We decided to go to this restaurant based on the reviews. It was a short distance from our hotel, but took a taxi because it is a long bumpy road up to the restaurant and it was totally dark. I'm sure the view is spectacular but we couldn't see much since we had a late dinner. They do recommend reservations (which I made an hour before we ate), and I can see why since it is a small place. It looks like someone's house that was turned into a restaurant, but a magnificent wrap around balcony with views (which we couldn't see. I was tempted to hike up the road during the day to see the views but ran out of time). The steak was spectacular (but I hope you like your meat rare)! My husband also had the shrimp and avocado salad which was very expensive but he said was excellent. My mom was the only one not satisfied - her T-bone was very thin and she thought it was too tough. They also provided warm bread which was delicious. The service was adequate and the price was surprisingly reasonable given the quality.

1  Thank Luv2Travel428
Reviewed April 23, 2014

This is a beautiful place, with delicious food. The staff went above and beyond to accommodate our substitutions and special requests. Best time to go is around 5:30 for sunset. Don't expect this to be a Quick visit. They definitely operate on "Costa Rica time". But well worth the wait.

Reviewed April 20, 2014

Drive about 1km up the side of the hill to a delightful, oasis of tranquility. Good food and excellent service at a venue atypical for the area.
We went for dinner, but it may be worth going for lunch as the views should be excellent.

1  Thank Andrew J