“30 years & I still get it right!”
Review of Benedictus Steak House - CLOSED

Benedictus Steak House
Cuisines: International
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Private Dining, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Benedictus is located in a volcano slope with a unique view of the valley o La Palma de la Fortuna and Monterrey.The restaurant its a beautiful wood building surrounded by pasture land and primary forest overlooking the valley.The lamb, cattle, pork and chicken we serve are breaded free range in the farm and we bring the vegetables from Tapezco a little town two hours away from Fortuna, where Mr. Juan Jose Paniagua, a Pioner in the organic agriculture in Costa Rica, produce the best organic vegetables. We are 800 metros away of the main road that link La Fortuna with the Arenal Lake. The gate its just in Front of the Volcano Lodge Hotel.
Stamford, United Kingdom
“30 years & I still get it right!”
Reviewed August 30, 2012 via mobile

A simple message: if you want fine food, good service and a great ambience - this restaurant delivers.
I’m writing this while watching Mitt Romney’s Republican address from a hotel room in San Jose. That aside, being a Brit, I’m trying to filter the rhetoric of what makes America great - think I’m failing!. The wife and I went here for our 30th wedding anniversary and trust me you’ll need to book a table here in a month from now - it is that good. Read the more recent reviews if you doubt me - they are telling the truth!

Aesolano53, Owner at Benedictus Steak House, responded to this review, December 9, 2012
It is an honor for everyone at Benedictus Organics read comments like this

“So new and so good”
Reviewed August 28, 2012 via mobile

The drive up the driveway/road is not easy but it is worth the effort. First, you see the kitchen is in it's own building and the dining area is in a beautiful house - all atop a hill with a view. There is no scent of food when you enter the dining area - that is the story which you must discover when your food arrives. You have no clue. Take a chance. Order. Enjoy a nice Malbec. Save room for the crepes and linger en famille with the view beyond. Bravo! The lamb with potato was fabulous. Bon appetit!

Virginia
“The word must be getting out ...”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We decided to check out Benedictu's based on reviews here plus the convenience of the restaurant being practically across the highway from Nayara where we were staying.
When we arrived (7:30ish?) the waiter apologized that the only table left was the one there by the entrance and not in the main dining room, but we accepted. Before we ordered, yet another family arrived. The owner then came and asked if we would mind waiting a few minutes for a better table instead, and brought us to the balcony while we waited; this freed up the table by the entrance for the larger family. The place must have an incredible view in the daylight, based on the lights we could see from the balcony.
Our daughter and I shared the chicken with blackberry sauce (we'd had a big/late lunch), my husband had the steak with pepper sauce, and our 5 yr old had a ham & cheese sandwich. Everything was very good, though I think the blackberry sauce would have been even better on steak (and I got the impression they would have made that for me if I had asked). My husband's steak was great, probably the best quality of meat he had in all of our stay in Costa Rica. Our son's sandwich was huge and served on French-style rolls, unlike the other "emparedados" we'd gotten at other restaurants.
Service was slow but friendly. The one waiter had trouble keeping up and remembering everything on the first trip ... He apologized for the wait and explained that this was the biggest crowd they'd ever had, and they really weren't expecting it especially being low season.
They offered free dessert to compensate for everything, but we were satisfied without it; we may have taken them up on it if it weren't so late and we didn't have plans early the next morning.
Our bill came to about $60, though would have been more if we had opted for a bottle of wine (selection ranged from about $20 - $100).
I would recommend Benedictu's, but I would also recommend making reservations (if they take them)!

• Visited August 2012
“Quality”
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Wonderful meal and service overlooking the best of arenal. Soothing music and Jose is the best server ever. No matter what you order it will taste fresh and like it was made with love.

Miami
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“From the Farm to the Table, A Unique Culinary Experience!”
Reviewed August 16, 2012

Following the advices of my fellow trip advisor reviewers, we ventured to Benedictus Steak House. The new location is located between Tabacon Hotel and the town of Fortuna, there is a small sign by the entrance. The drive up to the restaurant is pretty unique! We were greeted by Jose, very friendly waiter. The restaurant is located on a farm land where the owners raise cows, pigs, chickens… All the meat comes from their land. Even the tap water is totally pure and comes from their well! The amuse-bouche is a tomato mozzarella made on site with the milk from their cows. Where else can you have such exquisite food for $20 per dish? The restaurant is in fact an old chalet style house overlooking a gorgeous scenery. The filet mignon is to die for, served with a very nice mushroom sauce. The steak with pepper sauce is great. The portions are huge so we were happy we didn't order a first course… This was the best culinary experience from our trip. It's nice to actually know where the food you eat really comes from once in a while!

• Visited August 2012