Hotel El Volcan
Arenal Kioro Suites & Spa(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$291
$224
Hotels.com
Hotel El Silencio del Campo(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$173
$256
Hotel Lomas del Volcan(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$158
$120
  • Breakfast included
Arenal Lodge(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$114
$96
  • Breakfast included
Arenal Manoa Hotel(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$241
$154
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of $201/night.

Baldi Hot Springs Hotel Resort & Spa(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$217
$204
Volcano Lodge & Springs(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$200
$162
  • Breakfast included
Los Lagos Hotel Spa & Resort(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$152
$142
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
Tabacon Thermal Resort & Spa(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$332
TripAdvisor
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed January 8, 2012

El volcan is a reasonably priced no frills budget hotel very close to city center. The place looks more like a home with many rooms than a real hotel. When we arrived there during the peak season, they did not have the right room for the 4 people we had booked. The hotel manager Luis said there was a mix up between Expedia and his system which was showing that we were a party of 2. Since there were no other rooms left he put an extra bed in the already very small room that had 1 full and 1 twin bed. He switched us to the right room the next day and offered free breakfast in a place near by for the next day for the inconvenience caused. The room we got on the first day was right next to the road and had lot of road noise. The room on the second night was away from he road. Definitely ask for a room away from the road.

The hotel has a large common court yard with a shared fridge and a shared microwave oven. There is a big dining table that you can use to eat. The manager is friendly and goes out of his way to make your stay pleasant. There are some old PCs with Ethernet connections that you can use. There is no WIFI in the facility. There is a small grocery shop with in walking distance that you can buy quick groceries like milk or fruits. The hotel offers discounted prices on local tours.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from road.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank 349er
Reviewed May 8, 2011

Good location, not on a busy street but short walking distance from the center, helpful staff, we needed to relax and everything was set for that.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Pat_and_Adam
Reviewed December 12, 2010

When I got off of the bus from Allajuela we were looking for a hotel in our price range I stumbled onto this hotel. When I went to the front desk the man behind the desk was real friendly and helpful. After he showed me the room I knew that it was the place that I was looking for. The rooms were big with color t.v. air conditioner and it felt real secure. It was walking distance from town about two blocks. He was real accomodating on booking us tours and calling around when I needed information on other activities in the area. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking for a place to stay in La Fortuna.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank JillWashington
Reviewed October 19, 2010

I was traveling with a colleague while in Costa Rica, playing by day and working by night, and Hotel El Volcan was just what we wanted -- an inexpensive, clean, quiet room with a good Internet connection. We ended up working at the table in their covered common area for several hours. Afterwards, we walked to the town square and had great food at a restaurant right on the square. (I can't remember the name of the restaurant, but we ate their twice because we liked it so much.)

During the day we swam and did the rope swing at a local swimming hole and rented dirt bikes to ride around the volcano.

Mauricio, the proprietor, and his staff were very kind and accommodating to us and I'm glad to consider him a friend now. I would definitely return to this hotel if I'm in the area again.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank richardkmiller
Reviewed July 24, 2010

Overall a great hotel! The guy at the front desk was super nice and helpful, and the room was clean and spacious. Great location, only two blocks from the center street and plaza, and on a good day you can see the volcano perfectly from the entrance of the hotel. The hotel also offers breakfast of either gallo pinto or cereal and fruit for $2.50, which you can't beat! The only complaint was that the beds were very stiff; I wouldn't say they were uncomfortable but they weren't overly comfortable either. Overall though a great deal with the perfect location, I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends