“Absolutely fabulous”
other travelers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

sptaylor7...
Cleveland, Ohio
“Absolutely fabulous”
Reviewed April 14, 2012 for a stay in April 2012

I stayed here with my husband and 5 1/2 year old son in April 2012. This is a truly wonderful alternative to the hotels in the area. The pictures on the Villa Hermosa website are an accurate depiction of the property but, honestly, I think it looks even better in person. The bedroom area is quite large - even with adding the second bed for my son it was still quite spacious. The bathroom and shower are also quite large. The property is well appointed - the bed is comfy and the sheets and towels are soft. The outdoor living area is wonderful and we used the kitchen while there. You will need a rental car to get to this place. It is about 25 minutes outside the town of La Fortuna and is in a residential area. (If you are going to be driving anywhere in Costa Rica, a GPS is a MUST.) The pool area is also quite large and is well kept. The gardens are more extensive than I would have guessed and there is a new area in the gardens called a 'Ranchito" which has two hammocks and is perfect for relaxing. Dave and Wendy were excellent hosts, had plenty of suggestions and made us a great breakfast every morning. I would highly recommend, especially if you don't mind staying a little outside of town. (Note: there is not much I would recommend that is within walking distance of La Fortuna). The only thing I didn't realize is that there is no A/C, but there are plenty of fans and the evenings cooled off enough that it was never as issue (and my husband is a big fan of air conditioning).

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: The size of the lodging.
Liked least: Nothing
Traveling group: Family with Young Children
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Iowa USA

A romantic getaway Luxury-minded travelers
MN
Reviewed March 19, 2012 for a stay in March 2012

Recommended for:
A romantic getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Luxury-minded travelers

MD
Reviewed January 5, 2012 for a stay in December 2011

A romantic getaway Older travelers
Rugged travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing