“Yummy nachos!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Lava Rocks Cafe

Lava Rocks Cafe
Cuisines: Bar, American, Pub, Central American, Costa Rican
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Drinks, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Yummy nachos!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014

Very flavorful Costa Rican food (good presentation). Ordered veggie nachos that were so delicious and with good, thick & crispy chips! I would have ordered a bag of tortilla chips if I had the option to take it home. The vegetarian casado plate was also flavorful with a good addition of yummy steamed veggies and mashed potato.

Costa Rica
“Average option for dinner”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2014

We ate here on our first night at La Fortuna. The food is nice but not remarkable, the service was average but I have no complaints about it. The place itself is different than what you usually find around and you have have a nice talk while enjoy your food. I recommend it trying it and making a decision after that. Would I go back to the place? Yes. Do I have to go back to this place when I visit La Fortuna again? Probably not. Something that surprised me was the fact that the menu skipped the prices in colones. I understand that most of the visitors are probably foreign people, however you're still in Costa Rica and for me being a local, that's something you need to keep in mind. That's not a complain, of course, it's just something that caught my attention.

• Visited February 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
“Just OK”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2014

We ate at Lava Rocks. One side of the restaurant was lively, but it seemed that only the locals were seated there. My family ate on the very quite side. We had fajitas that were OK at best. Would not return. Try Cafe Mediterraneo!

1 Thank Julie H
La Fortuna de San Carlos, Costa Rica
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Betty We love you”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2014

Everytime myself and my friends we are off we go there to have some beers but if you want to know why you should go there is because Betty has the best service ever, she is so nice, she is so kind, friendly and the best she always has a BIG SMILE to you.

So thanks to make our free time really nice, betty.

Marshall, North Carolina
“Food Great/service...ehhh”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

Food was great but the service is achingly SLOW! The gal serving us was nice but needed to learn the idea of consolidation to effectively serve. We were not in a rush, thankfully, but it took a long time to get drinks and food.

• Visited March 2014