“Arenal Volcano Nature Hike”
Review of Sunset Tours

Sunset Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Sunset Tours provides amazing tours in Arenal, Costa Rica, since 1989. Enjoy daily adventures such as a volcano hike, relaxing hot springs, Cano Negro wildlife viewing, hanging bridges, canopy zip line and waterfall rappelling. We also can reserve private transfers all over Costa Rica, and custom tours. We look forward to providing authentic and memorable Costa Rican experiences. Now you can enjoy the new attraction, La Roca Canyoning.
Reviewed August 21, 2013

My girlfriend and I did a few hour long hike in the National Park at the base of the Arenal Volcano, guided by Zander, and we had a great time. The hike was not a difficult one, and that part of the jungle is not very diverse, due to it being part of the 1968 lava flow, but the hike was an interesting one, largely thanks to how knowledgeable Zander was about the history, biology, and ecology of the area. If he's any indication of the level of guides that Sunset Tours employs, then I would highly recommend them for your next adventure. Pura Vida!

Reviewed July 27, 2013

This tour included 4 repells, 2 jumps into pools from waterfall, 1 tarzan swing, 1 hanging bridge, 1 zipline, fruit prior to the fun and lunch afterwards. The expecience was very good indeed, the staff were friendly, experienced, helpfull and spoke english well. I was unable to overcome my fear of heights, despite an encouraging pep talk by one of the guides, but my family continued the tour and enjoyed it very much. I was able to hike down to the end of the tour and meet the group in the river for a bit of a swim, which was nice as well. The lunch was delicious, and the facilities were decent. We really enjoyed this tour, we had stumbled on it as we drove around, and the tour guide was very happy to accomodate our group with a small group that had pre-booked, so that was nice. They should improve thier advertising to attract more customers, and the signage to the site, as it is another difficult drive (4wd) and you think you are never getting to the end, or have taken a wrong turn. Great family adventure for sure!

Reviewed July 20, 2013

Our first tour in Costa Rica was with Jason at the Arenal Hanging Bridges. He had a great sense of humor and his knowledge matched it. He teased that being our first guide that he had no competition. We spent 11 days in Costa Rica and loved everything we saw and enjoyed all our guides. Still Jason had the title of best guide. I do not know how he spots everything. We would have only seen trees and ferns without a guide.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

Their best tour by far. It was very safe with a guide watching your descent from the top and another guide controlling your position from the bottom. They were all really funny and knowledgeable. The food prepared for us on the farm was delicious as well. The waterfalls are beautiful, with great hikes, jumps, and ziplining. Sunset tours accommodated our requests. We only had one day in Arenal, and they helped us squeeze in as many activities as possible in our 24 hours there and even got us special transportation to make our flight in time. The volcano hike was a little short and too easy for my liking, but the waterfall rappelling was a hit - my favorite tour.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

The waterfall rappelling tour was awesome! The places is beautiful and the activities are very well designed. The guides were very nice and very concerned with everyone's safety and comfort. Sunset Tours even arranged personal transportation for my companion and me so we could make our flight back to San Jose that same day. The only reason I gave it four stars is because we also did a volcano hike, which I thought was slightly overpriced and not as interesting as other tours we had taken. Overall, everyone at sunset tours is very nice and helpful though!